Convert or Decrypt .ctz files to .bin

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
shakas82
cars: GMC SIERRA 2006 ... 6.2 LS TH350 TRANY

Convert or Decrypt .ctz files to .bin

Post by shakas82 »

Hello everyone... this is my first post and thaks for your time....

I have a FG Galleto interface and i can read/write the pcm of the chevrolet pcm´s ... Specifically ls1 4.8... 5.3 ... and 6.0 ... the interface generate a 512kb .bin file... excellent... i need to modify the file to immo off, modify VE tables, etc. etc.. the EFI LIVE TUNER 7.5 make this modifications exccellent and very visual tables and parameters... but .... (always a but) when i save the file in efi live .. the file is .ctz ... and like 452kb file.. i can´t use it in my fg galleto interface obviously.... my question here is... can i decrypt the .ctz file into a .bin file ????? i dont have money to buy efi live interface... so is the main problem to me... exist a software (not tunerpro) to modyfiy my .bin file ???

I tried to make this problem solve and i look for it solution but i didnt find it.... thanks a lot for your time...
Jayme

Re: Convert or Decrypt .ctz files to .bin

Post by Jayme »

its sort of part of EFIlive's copy protection, you need to buy their software in order to use their definitions. you cant (legally) bypass that protection and get a bin file out and we cannot help you do illegal things with EFIlive.

there may be an alternative free definition for another program for your PCM. ill leave that to someone else to comment as I dont know.
shakas82
cars: GMC SIERRA 2006 ... 6.2 LS TH350 TRANY

Post by shakas82 »

Ok ... perfect ... no problem i dont want to make nothing out the copyright... so what the alternatives are ? Thanks a lot for your time...
jay woo

Post by jay woo »

Hp tuners? A genuine galleto is way more expensive than efi live or hp tuners model licencing. Avoiding tuner pro means the alternatives will be expensive.