vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Re: Traction control with a 424 PCM

Post by vlad01 »

Yeah sounds much like the shitbox nissan company car, except its ok on gravel but really really bad on tar road, so much its self perpetuating, little loss of traction causes total loss of power which then causes the front wheel to effectively lock and under steer which makes it take even longer to reapply the power, when it does this on a round about its scary as fuck and sometimes takes full 5 sec to come back alive. Its way more safe and controllable with the traction control off which in fact is not totally off, just reduced enough it doesn't flip out as much.

I nearly rolled it once when it did this. it ended up pole vaulting on one of the front wheels because it suddenly died mid corner and locked the front wheels lol

I don't know how they legally release crap like this.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

yoda69 wrote:WM is in another league altogether, bit like comparing a calculator with a PC.
WM has electronic throttle so when reduced torque request is received it can just close the throttle.
VX V6vcan only cut cylinders to reduce torque which is very crude. Early LS1s with cable throttle had the throttle relaxer which you could feel on the pedal as it tried to close the throttle.
You can adjust the VX V6 to cut less cylinders to minimise the amount of torque it can reduce which would help, from factory it is a very scary system when there is loose gravel at an intersection.
Cylinder cut and ignition cut. I removed the cylinder cut as it's just plain nasty and then altered the available torque table. It's still fairly aggressive as the missus drives it daily but traction control is a lot smoother/progressive than the factory settings. In the wet I can slide it on low throttle settings without it cutting power but give it a little more throttle and it starts to pull timing.
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

@immortality, will the mods you are talking about relate to the 424 pcm im using? Or will I need to change pcm (which I'd much prefer to stay with a MAP based system). I know that VR had ABS but not sure about traction control, so I don't know if those tables you are talking about exist in 11p...

@Vlad - get a new company car....
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

NAhh, that's all the MAF based stuff unfortunately. Traction control only became a feature from VT onward as far as I'm aware.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Biggvl wrote:@immortality, will the mods you are talking about relate to the 424 pcm im using? Or will I need to change pcm (which I'd much prefer to stay with a MAP based system). I know that VR had ABS but not sure about traction control, so I don't know if those tables you are talking about exist in 11p...

@Vlad - get a new company car....
what should I do? crash it?
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

Ahhh, no....
HQ355
cars: HQ Holden

Post by HQ355 »

New car Vlad, it sounds way to powerful for you :)
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

:lol: