11P rev limit issues

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Re: 11P rev limit issues

Post by VL400 »

Wideband or narrowband would show if if its dyno or engine/PCM/spark causing the issue. Misfires show up nicely on a O2 sensor.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

well yeah it looks to be 4900 this time. I think its the speeds that have been set on the dyno as when we loaded the vehicle profile from last time it was set at 160km/h and only pulled up to 4K rpm, so we set it to 200, then 220 but after than point we has the software crash and dyno comms problems. (had to go solder the wires in the dongle)

So its possible the end speed was lost and dropped back to a previous setting. but to this point we didn't notice anything until we saw the hp curve still going up and decided to look at upping the speed, G said it was the limiter but honestly I didn't look at the dyno software myself.

Anyway G said he will look at the upping the end speed and if not run at 3rd gear to test if thats the issue. I believe its just user error on the dyno, also I did ask why he didn't connect up the dyno tach input for accurate rpm, not that it matters for running the dyno but the HP figures will be wrong with any rpm offset between the engine the dyno which Im sure it is some what.

I might mention that when I ran my VR on the dyno I ran an end speed of 190Km/h with 3.08 diff, 4th gear 1.1 ratio. That peaked the rpm around 5200.

How with this car, the diff is around 2.8 ratio iirc so that automatically makes a 190km/h drop to around 4700. So to get over 6k rpm I think we need a run speed well over 250km/h the highest we ever ran was 220 so that would make it about right for the 5600 highest limit we saw.
Last edited by vlad01 on Fri May 12, 2017 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

VL400 wrote:Wideband or narrowband would show if if its dyno or engine/PCM/spark causing the issue. Misfires show up nicely on a O2 sensor.
Will find a log from last night with wideband, not sure why you can't see it now?..
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Log is already up and there is no probs. We didn't log last night remember.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Chuff

Post by Chuff »

Dylan wrote:Run some LS coils? Can be done off the stock DFI module Jayme done that once.
Does anyone know where I can find more information about this? I've searched and I can't find it.

Thanks.

Chuff
˙ʎɐqǝ ɟɟo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ǝsǝuıɥɔ ɐ ƃuıʎnq ɹoɟ ʇɥƃıɹ ǝɯ sǝʌɹǝs
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

I dont think that was a direct connection but rather a board VL400 was testing which took the coil voltage level signal and converted it back to logic level.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Dazza92VP
cars: 92 VP V8 Wagon

Post by Dazza92VP »

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3065
This should be the module your after as antus said connects to the old dfi unit and drives the ls coils
Or this
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2913
But I don't think this will run off the v6 crank triggers but does completely replace the ignition module
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

No issues over the weekend with hitting any early limiter, im sure the issue is/was with the dyno usb dongle, thanks for all the thoughts :thumbup:
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

how did the car go anyway?
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

Really, really well, best it's ever gone :thumbup:

Only a little suspension tuning to do now (and I mean only a little)