PCV setup using LS1 throttle body on a 5L

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
vn_ss_cm
cars: VN SS

PCV setup using LS1 throttle body on a 5L

Post by vn_ss_cm »

Hey Guys,

Currently running a LS1 throttle body on a ported out holden 5L efi manifold using an adaptor plate...im wondering how should I go about setting up a PCV system as the ls1 throttle body has no provisions for a pcv valve connection....Im currently running rocker cover oil lines into a catch catch can and from there there is a hose to the air intake from the filter and im getting condensation in the oil catch can and getting some under the cap. My Idea was to run the drivers side to the air filter intake pipe....and from there have no idea lol

cheers guys
MAGP
cars: VC V8 sedan, VS V6 wagon, VT V8 Landcruiser.

Re: PCV setup using LS1 throttle body on a 5L

Post by MAGP »

I haven't looked at an LS for a little while but from memory the PCV pipe is fitted to the manifold about an inch behind the TB.

You could put a vacuum fitting on your banana manifold in the neck at the front. You could also contact MACE and ask what they do with their LS1 TB conversions on V6 & V8. I'd just go the vacuum fitting in the manifold neck.
brindo

Post by brindo »

Different set up but I have an LS1 throttle body on my 5 litre. I just used the existing PSV connection on the throttle body near the throttle lever. I filled in the internal port that goes to the air filter side, and there is full vacuum to the connection now. I just used areldite to fill the port.
I actually had to move the 90 deg pipe to the top of the throttle body for clearance issues on my engine, so just drilled a new hole and plugged the existing one with a welsh plug.

Hope this helps.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Any chance of a photo Brindisi?
brindo

Post by brindo »

Here the inside of the old standard one I had. It also had the elbow moved to the top for clearance and I put a welsh plug in the original hole. Think it was a neat 10 mm from memory.
Attachments
LS1 Throttle Body.jpeg