Motorcycle Tuning 2005 Yamaha YZF R6

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
VX L67 Getrag

Motorcycle Tuning 2005 Yamaha YZF R6

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Howdy all,

Just wondering if anyone here has experience with tuning motorbikes?

I have finally got around to reading the file off my own R6.

The ECU seems to get identified as either Denso or Mitsubishi but it has the 3 diamond mitsubishi symbol on the front of it.

The file is only 128k but the xdf is almost as big so well defined although there is a lot of unknown maps.

The numbers on the front of the controller which are also what identifies it are 5SL-AO(they all have the 8591A as known between these).

2003 to 2005 have the same setup just the last 2 digits change depending on year model & country of origin.

Anyway to the actual question does anybody know if the VSS ratio is adjustable in the eeprom dump?
AJ84
cars: EB2 XR8
2005 Yamaha YZF-R6T

Re: Motorcycle Tuning 2005 Yamaha YZF R6

Post by AJ84 »

Hey VX L67 Getrag,

I'm currently in a similar situation that you were a few years back. I'm looking and reflashing an 05 R6T, mostly for decel fueling, tip in fueling, vss adjustment and fan temp control.

I have come across woolich racing who offer a product to alter the fuel and ignition maps but not the fans or vss.

Likewise Samios have on their website that they have reflashed an 03-04 R6S (https://ecu-flashing.com/category/yamaha/r6/2003-04/).

I haven't gotten to the point of getting the binary dump off my ecu yet but was wondering if you made any progress on this?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Adam.