Alloytec help!!!!

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
damo702002

Alloytec help!!!!

Post by damo702002 »

Hey all....im doing an engine conversion and due to engineering rules i cant use a 3.8 so am using the 3.6 alloytec instead.

My question is......is it possible to turn off the auto computer as im wanting to run an aftermarket 3speed auto behind it as the factory box has no chance of fitting the tunnel of conversion car.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: Alloytec help!!!!

Post by Dylan »

Pretty sure they come out in a manual trans? Wonder if it was re flashed with a manual tune it would work for you.
damo702002

Post by damo702002 »

Unsure with it all at present dylan.....im flying blind but trying to find out before going too far and wasting money buddy......

Any idea who could answer you idea for me mate????
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

also, be prepared to install the matching commodore key, PIM, BCM and PCM all into your new car if you want it to start... you cannot turn off anti theft in those, all conversions I know of have been done this way, with just the bare minimum wiring to the PIM and BCM (power and data) to get the anti theft to disengage and start.
damo702002

Post by damo702002 »

Jayme wrote:also, be prepared to install the matching commodore key, PIM, BCM and PCM all into your new car if you want it to start... you cannot turn off anti theft in those, all conversions I know of have been done this way, with just the bare minimum wiring to the PIM and BCM (power and data) to get the anti theft to disengage and start.

Bugger!!!!!! Looks like ill be needing to go aftermarket computer if thats the case as i dont want to use every bit of it and if anti theft cant be turned off ill be buggered for sure....
Thanks for the tips mate
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

You might as well stick with your current computer and 12p with the nvram then and you'll just need to fabricate a trigger and might be simplest to run the american coilpack board under your existing coils to keep the trigger fabrication simple. Or run a vl400 ignition module and ls1 coils for more trigger options.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

also, be prepared to install the matching commodore key, PIM, BCM and PCM all into your new car if you want it to start... you cannot turn off anti theft in those, all conversions I know of have been done this way, with just the bare minimum wiring to the PIM and BCM (power and data) to get the anti theft to disengage and start.
sorry to head a little off topic, I know of this issue and can't understand why it is an issue? Is it that no one has taken the time to define it or is it more involved (to prevent people like us fucking with it). I do a few conversions and bang my head against a wall often because of this, I still can't find a solution for the V9X engine conversion we have just done...

I remember my first V6 speedway car (approx 2002) had the bcm and key inside a lunch box :lol:
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

I did some research on it.... from what little info I could find, it sounded like the anti theft is actually less part of the tune, and more integrated into the hardware... at least that was the case for similar bosch pcms I was reading about.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yeah I agree with jayme, no one has a solution for it at the moment.

Also bear in mind the alloytec uses variable cam timing and if you get the better version of the two its also got variable intake manifold .... so the old delco might not be the best solution!
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

Reminds me of a Teacher that fitted an aftermarket ECU onto an Alloytech and it ran like shit and I mean shit. He scratched his head for many weeks over it and never solved the problems so now seeing what the original ECU controlled it looks like some serious mods need to be done before considering aftermarket ECU.