Alloytec help!!!!

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
Jayme

Re: Alloytec help!!!!

Post by Jayme »

haltech claims to be able to run the alloytec on their elite 2500, it has cam phase outputs etc. might be worth looking into but will be $$$$$$$$$
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

And it will be shit as its haltech.

The motec are a much much more capable units and reliable and regularly used for way more complicated functions than just an alloytech. I see the motec always get used on high end race cars to do things like eclectically shifting manual boxes, DBW throttles used as boost control BOV, DBW with auto throttle bliping etc for shifting etc... they fully support canbus and the works but you are looking at a few k for a reasonable setup.

otherwise there is the mega squirt which now evolved to the point of canbus and all the modern OEM goodies being supported and is open source and DYI kits and heaps of aftermarket bits, and supports mostly GM type sensors but programmable to anything you like.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

I dont think the hardware is really the whole problem here, I dont think there are many tuners who would want to write up a variable cam alloytech tune pretty much from scratch. Not to say its not possible, but the donor vehicle modules and key in a boxwould keep things way simpler and cheaper.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396