JECS unknown injectors too big?

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Re: JECS unknown injectors too big?

Post by VL400 »

The logged bpw is the required/calculated fuel, the actual delivered pw is larger as it has the opening time and linearising table values added.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Thats good to know.

I had another go at this last night, and spent a bit of time tweaking the injector bias addon vs battery voltage table, and found with the operating voltage set to .75 things seemed quite healthy. I adjusted the idle area main VE table and smoothed that area back in. The results were pretty good, but the idle was still unstable. I added some VE in that area to richen it up a bit and ended up with a slightly rich idle just on the good side of the injector being stable. Went from there and tuned most the fuel table with road tuning, and overall the results are much better. Since its a track car mate is not bothered about the slightly rich idle and is happy with the results.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

good result man, and definitely if its not fouling plugs then its going to be better having it slightly rich and working the injectors properly!

and no need to change injectors!
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

I struggled with some big injectors years ago on a mate's race car. Sent them to The1 best thing we ever done getting that data generated. And the spray pattern checked to is a good thing to.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Mates got the car at the track today. From our tuning session we were thinking the butt dyno was saying it wasnt really pulling until the revs came up and the spark table we had has a big fall off as revs decrease. I suggested he research what sort of timing was normal for the car and put a bit more timing in to the high load low rpm corner to middle of the map. Just got an sms and he said he has done so. No knocking and "feels a million dollars compared to what it was before".
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
The1

Post by The1 »

good that it's atleast working now.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yeah I'm not surprised man, I know the factory buick v6's are tuned way down in the timing at lower revs to make them nice and family like, they can take a fair bit more to liven them up though!

he'll be loving the track day then if its all working nicely!