MACE Cold Air Induction or clone

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
FXST02
cars: VP V6 Auto sedan

MACE Cold Air Induction or clone

Post by FXST02 »

Hey all,

For those who have fitted a MACE CAI or similar clone, what areas of your tune did you adjust to remove the doughiness of acceleration?
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Re: MACE Cold Air Induction or clone

Post by vlad01 »

What you mean? I never experienced that, quite the opposite in fact.

I never had to tune anything other than slightly tweaking the 95 and 100Kpa columns as I was never able to reach them prior to a mace CAI due to the heavy restriction from the stock air box. My original extrapolations from the 90Kpa upward were almost spot on, Ignition did not change and required no change when checked on the dyno.

It was an instant wake up call for the engine installing the Mace CAI, fixed the lack of gains from a full tune and extractors and full flowing exhaust that was meant to occur but since the stock box was choking the engine the potential gains were lost until the CAI was fitted it was a holy shit moment when I took it for a go, from the data and approx calcs from original to the final dyno runs I had a ballpark 12-15Kw gain just from the final install of the CAI, that wasn't the gain of the CAI by itself rather it allowed the engine to breath so the total gains were then realized.

Engine is revvy and snappy like a motorbike, much better than stock thats for sure.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.