Need an excel formula please.

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
BARBS
cars: LJ Torana
Injected, Turbo, NO2, 186

Need an excel formula please.

Post by BARBS »

Hi all,

I am trying to get a bit of a spreadsheet for flex fuel together for my car and I have absolutely no idea where to start?
At the moment I have 2 tunes for my car. One is for Unleaded 98 and the other is for E85 ethanol. I am running $11p.
At the moment if I wish to change fuels I have to completely drain the tank of fuel A and fill it with fuel B then change my tune. I'd like to be able to run true flex fuel but that is currently not possible.

For now what I am trying to setup is monitor my ethanol content with a fuel analyzer, use that measured value in an excel spreadsheet to provide me with a modified commanded fuel and spark table based on that measured value. If I am running E85 I will get 100% of the ethanol commanded tables. If I am running U98 I'd get 100% of the U98 table and if I am running 42.55% ethanol I would get half way between the two tables.

My question here is can anyone please help me with a formula for the spreadsheet to achieve my desired result?
I have attached a spreadsheet of the two fuel tables (please note the values are not my current values) but i have not yet added the spark tables. If I can get help with the basic formula I can copy and paste it to suit.

I hope I am not asking for too much,

Thanks in advance.

Barbs
Attachments
commanded fuel.xlsx
(15.42 KiB) Downloaded 234 times
BARBS

Re: Need an excel formula please.

Post by BARBS »

I have worked it out all good thanks anyway

I have attached the sheet if anyone is interested in using it.
Attachments
commanded fuel.xlsx
(41.44 KiB) Downloaded 254 times
FXST02
cars: VP V6 Auto sedan

Post by FXST02 »

I've neatened it up a little for you.
commanded fuel.xlsx
(42.03 KiB) Downloaded 239 times
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

It'll be interesting to see how well this works. Please do keep us up to date as you progress.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
BARBS

Post by BARBS »

antus wrote:It'll be interesting to see how well this works. Please do keep us up to date as you progress.

I will do mate. hopefully it works perfectly. I just bought a flex fuel sensor and a HZ display on ebay for $70 total.
50Hz is 0% ethanol and 150Hz is 100% ethanol. i have added to the spreadsheet where i simply input the measured frequency and it changes the tables for me.