Rear mount turbo VR SS

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
vlt304
cars: eh premier sedan v8 vl commodore

Re: Rear mount turbo VR SS

Post by vlt304 »

12p on an 808 with a 2bar map and yeah valve springs would be helpful i have just been too busy to get to them in mine something to do with buying a house that needs more of my time at present.
IMA355-2
cars: VR SS T56 6 Speed 3.9 diff

Post by IMA355-2 »

Ohhhh
Any chance of gettin a hold of the tune? Would give me a good baseline to start tuning from since I have no idea what I'm doing lol
But how do you guys tune for boost anyway? Do you start with tuning N/A and get the base table in the ball park then tune boost later or just do it all at once?
Am I better off leaving the old motor in and getting the turbo setup and tune close then putting in the fresh donk?
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Id learn on the old one if you have not had much experience. A GT3576R will be spinning pretty early on a 5L even with the stock 1.06 rear housing, gotta take it easy with advance in the low RPM high load areas.

But pretty much yes, off boost areas first - stock timing is normally safe enough. Then in the boost areas rough rule of thumb as starting point remove around 1 degree per PSI. Then tune from that starting at gate pressure or if you have gate springs as light as possible and work your way up.
vlt304
cars: eh premier sedan v8 vl commodore

Post by vlt304 »

yeah if you get it happy in off boost arias just fill the 100-200kpa ve table with the 100kpa rows numbers and tune from there i had to take a lot of timing out to start with then fed it back in on the dyno. copy the 100kpa numbers into the 100-200kpa spark table i think i dropped 3deg per row in the table as a starting point.