4L60e tuning and torque management $11p

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
BARBS
cars: LJ Torana
Injected, Turbo, NO2, 186

4L60e tuning and torque management $11p

Post by BARBS »

Hi all,

I have a built trans and I am in the process of tuning my 4L60e and I have a few questions regarding shift pressures and torque management.
I have worked out how to setup the force motor pressures and how to add pressure during gear shifts. Are these the only inputs I should need to change to get it shifting hard? I am looking for 0.3 second shift times, firm shifts into gears etc.

When it comes to torque management does $11p have any impact on commanded spark at shift points?
I cannot for the life of me find anywhere in the tune where timing is pulled during a shift. I have found the torque management RPM threshold, if I MAX that out will it ignore torque management?

For the trans to be in performance shift mode is that simply when the PWR/ECON switch is in power mode provided I have it all enabled in the tune?

I am about to upgrade to 80lb injectors as the 60's wont keep up on E835 and 20psi boost. Does anyone have the data for 80lb'ers?
On this note I have batch fire injectors 2cyl at a time. What is the purpose of double fire option in the injector configuration parameters?

I don't have a tune to post up yet as I have not started playing with parameters. I plan on logging slip etc as per the Auto FM Tuning guide soon.

Thanks in advance.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Re: 4L60e tuning and torque management $11p

Post by VL400 »

BARBS wrote:For the trans to be in performance shift mode is that simply when the PWR/ECON switch is in power mode provided I have it all enabled in the tune?
Yes, in power mode it uses any table marked performance mode.
BARBS wrote:When it comes to torque management does $11p have any impact on commanded spark at shift points?
I cannot for the life of me find anywhere in the tune where timing is pulled during a shift. I have found the torque management RPM threshold, if I MAX that out will it ignore torque management?
There is no spark retard on shift in 11P V104. But it can in the beta version I run, light blue is advance...
Shift spark.png

BARBS wrote:I am about to upgrade to 80lb injectors as the 60's wont keep up on E835 and 20psi boost. Does anyone have the data for 80lb'ers?
On this note I have batch fire injectors 2cyl at a time. What is the purpose of double fire option in the injector configuration parameters?
Got 3 cyl wired to each output, and wired according to firing order? If you have a cam sensor and can get banked injection dont need to worry about single or double fire, it fires each group of three once per cycle. Just need to setup the offset of when each group is fired.

If you dont then you will have all 6 fired at once, then you will need to enable single fire at low loads otherwise the fuel PW gets way too small. Clear the option flag "[xxx] set=Single fire option, clear=Double fire option" to get double fire, then set "Run A/F Param - Minimum BPW for sync double fire fuel delivery (Upper Value)" to maybe 2.5ms and "Run A/F Param - Minimum BPW for sync double fire fuel delivery (Lower Value)" to around 2ms.

You MUST have accurate injector data for this to work well.
BARBS
cars: LJ Torana
Injected, Turbo, NO2, 186

Re: 4L60e tuning and torque management $11p

Post by BARBS »

Sorry to bring up an old topic but saves me starting another thread for same topic.

I have been doing a fair bit of tuning on the road and happy with most of it.

One thing that I cannot get sorted is when I am driving on the road and I back off to slow down the car RPM do not come down. I am assuming it is the IAC causing this? What are the parameters I should be looking at for tuning the throttle follower? I have looked everywhere in the tune and cannot find what I think will do the job.

It is slowly becoming a very street-able ride thanks for all of your help.