Vy v6 turbo

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
Wade
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Re: Vy v6 turbo

Post by Wade »

Do you know the part number for the earomotive intank pump? And do they sell something similar to a 044 external if I run a surge tank
Wade

Post by Wade »

In your experience what’s the factory knock sensors like. Are they any good or am I better off relying on other forms of knock equipment
Wade

Post by Wade »

Check that out. That’s the original pump I pulled out of it lol. I honestly haven’t seen a pump that bad before. I’m thinking the previous owner ran it on e10 or something similar
Attachments
250478D5-349A-4C32-AB00-016D118E701B.png
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Wade wrote:In your experience what’s the factory knock sensors like. Are they any good or am I better off relying on other forms of knock equipment
Totally useless, Get some knock ears aka amplifier with band-pass and headphones. I forget the brand I was using, Big G can chime in on that as its hims one I was using and it was pretty good.

A must for tuning the ecotec as in stock form they are very fragile engines when subjected to detonation unlike the old buicks which don't seem to give an damn what you throw at them. The pistons are brittle as glass and to make matters worst the rods are susceptible to breakage when exposed to detonation, at least the forged powdered metal type. (VX-VY era) Its only det that dangerous to them, otherwise they are a tough long living engine.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Not 100% on the pump but I am pretty sure its this one if its the same as the VN-VS style? you might as well go E85 if its turbo, just make sure to drop a range or 2 on the plug temp as ethanol is more subject to pre-ignition all the while its more resistant to detonation. In my experience I left the plugs stock, but they were all N/A engines so turbo will elevate the intake charge. better to be safe than sorry, can always change back a range if its too cold.

https://www.aeromotiveinc.com/product/340-fuel-pump-gm/
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Wade

Post by Wade »

Cheers mate. Yeah if big G can let me know that would be great
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Wade wrote:Check that out. That’s the original pump I pulled out of it lol. I honestly haven’t seen a pump that bad before. I’m thinking the previous owner ran it on e10 or something similar
I ran my first VP for years on E10 and it was absolutely pristine, far cleaner than I got with premium fuels as I ruined that tank and 2 more within 3 years of using premium 95. it wasn't just a servo as I tested exclusively a different servo each time I had to replace a pump and or tank as well as it filled with some corrosive red stuff. I changed to 98 premium and the problem went away, E10 certainly had 0 issues and as mentioned actually left my first tank like brand new. I removed to fix the vapor lines and to replace a noisy pump that otherwise still worked fine, just had an annoying howl.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

There are copies of all pumps, the 340 LPH in tank range is the current flavour of the month. Just gotta buy through reputable suppliers for your best chance.

The ProFlow 340 pump is literally unbelievable too, defies physics even. Spot the error?
http://www.proflow.com.au/Catalog/509010?prodtype=1
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I think the graph legends are ass about lol
The1

Post by The1 »

vlad01 wrote:yeah thing about the knock is I know a guy who blew up 4 ecotecs in a row, and there was no detectable knocks and it was N/A and pretty stock as well. Just was under powered and then randomly smashed the pistons on all the engines. Culprit was a "genuine" walbro.
How did you prove it was the pump? If it was tuned properly you would pickup a poor running pump pretty quick, simply by injector pulse time or duty cycle for the estimated power, ive had them before, need more fuel and am giving it but it ain't going in! lol

You could try using my dyno graph xls to help estimate. it's based off injector pulse, so that will also spot if something is out of whack.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=5624