VX v6 flash based ecu question

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
hoosedamoose
cars: vs statesman

VX v6 flash based ecu question

Post by hoosedamoose »

Hey guys,
got a quick one in regards to flashing the enhanced code for the vx flash based pcm.

currently the pcm has got a factory tune on it. Ive got the bin downloaded multiple times with the vehicle identification details.
how would i go about flashing an enhanced BIN to the car while retaining these details? As far as ive read in the FAQ, the car wont start without this information.

Cheers
VX L67 Getrag

Re: VX v6 flash based ecu question

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Good question... I think you'd need to copy the VIN, eeprom section, & the 2 security sections but I'm not 100% as I'm not sure if there's code changes before 4000 bytes as if there isn't then you can just do a write cal & will leave the things I mentioned as they are!
Wade
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Post by Wade »

Flash bin with vats off. Than if you want vats on you relink the bcm and pcm with a tech 2
hoosedamoose

Post by hoosedamoose »

Wade wrote:Flash bin with vats off. Than if you want vats on you relink the bcm and pcm with a tech 2
Thanks for your reply, so If I Just flashed it straight from pcmhacking with vats off that information doesn't matter?
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

gotta make sure the bin you use has eeprom data programmed as most of them have it cleared so then it won't run AFAIK
hoosedamoose

Post by hoosedamoose »

VX L67 Getrag wrote:gotta make sure the bin you use has eeprom data programmed as most of them have it cleared so then it won't run AFAIK
As far as I know, previously used the vs enhanced tunes, the OS is included in these bins. Haven't had issues as of yet.

The plan is to flash the entire bin to the VX, then obviously write cal as necessary from then on. But just wondering if it's just as simple as disabling vats and flashing it or is there any other security data needed to allow it to start.
OZ38
cars: VY V6 Commodore ute.
VS V6 Commo sedan.
VT V6 powered 4x4 Hilux ute.

Post by OZ38 »

0081 Pete has done that but used a VY Flash pcm from a wrecker to clone his original PCM on to. That way if he has any issues with the Clone flash pcm ha always has the original as a back up.
Wade
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Post by Wade »

Yeah that’s what I did too. Found a vx pcm cloned it as my vy pcm than flashed enhanced code in
cars: VY s L67
Haines Hunter - not a car but still a toy

Post by 0081 »

I think when you flash the enhanced code in at the end it asks about clearning somthing you can select no and it keeps your cars info but its been a quite a few years now since i flashed the enhanced code. The 1 should be able to confrim if that would work.
Currently i just run with vats off.

I have flashed mine probally over 250 times and not bricked it yet.
I have seen one bricked once by someone else and mine has for some reason locked up twice but a power cycle sorted that out