Charge Temp Bias OSE_$11p

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
Carbie
cars: HZ ute 327 chev
VR Senator 215i
02 Monaro LS1

Charge Temp Bias OSE_$11p

Post by Carbie »

pic 1) would it be fair to say that, as the table sits, (pictured) it will be having an effect on my overall timing of subtracting 20.4 degrees from my main spark table. ie 30 deg is 9.6

And in pic 2, the effect on my Main spark table will be zero?

TIA
charge temp 1.JPG
charge temp 1.JPG (65.85 KiB) Viewed 3220 times
charge temp 2.JPG
charge temp 2.JPG (63.88 KiB) Viewed 3220 times
delcowizzid

Re: Charge Temp Bias OSE_$11p

Post by delcowizzid »

The bias is there so the ecu can calculate figures in the minus don't change them.just use the stock figures in the tables they should be a good starting point it just pulls a few degrees when the intake charge is hot and adds some when cold
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Carbie
VR Senator 215i
02 Monaro LS1

Post by Carbie »

ok, so I guess you are saying the the advance bias is already calculated into the top table so zero is actually zero
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Yep it's all zeroed out in the tables so you can enter - values .the ecu can't do calcs below 0 so it's all added on top behind the scenes so we can subtract
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

What xdf is that it may well be expecting 20.4 in those tables going off the heading of that table saying subtract bias .a lot of the old stock xdfs were made by all sorts of people and can sometimes have the odd error here and there .did you zero that table or was it 0s in the stock tune
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I had similar issue with 11P few weeks back, was a corrupt XDF. Lots of tables had the same 20.4 values also the ADX was dodgy to in my case and got weird values in the WB and charge temp on the engine dash.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Carbie
VR Senator 215i
02 Monaro LS1

Post by Carbie »

The XDF is the current OSE_$11P , I put the 20.4 figures in red in as an example to clarify my question. Its all working fine, I just wanted to make sure I understood it correctly. The only parameter i cant get my head around is which one causes the drop in ignition timing (retard) when i shift from drive to p/n. It drops from 29 deg to about 14 deg. Can anyone advise which parameter causes this please?