Help Tuning VT304 with Supercharger

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
VTXU8

Help Tuning VT304 with Supercharger

Post by VTXU8 »

Hi Everyone,
I recently fitted a Whipple 2.4l supercharger(non intercooled) to my manual VT 304(all stock). Fitted an aftermarket 90mm ls1 throttle body and bosch 42lbs 440cc injectors. Purchased NVRAM board and aldl cable/adapter etc from Biggvl who was kind enough to put a starting tune on it using THE1's $A6E enhanced code. I changed the Base Injector Rate(tp5) to 188.973 msec/gram using Kinjflow. New Kinjflow=0.059. (i hope i did this right) it will only be running on 98oct. That's basically the extent of my knowledge as far as tuning using Enhanced code.

The car starts but is having trouble trying to idle(hunting) stalls sometimes. Im thinking i may need to very slightly adjust the butterfly on the throttle body but havent touched that yet. I checked IAC steps and seems ok from what i understand. It also runs very rich. Very responsive on the throttle tho when you give it a squirt. Basically im hoping someone here can help point me in the right direction on what tables etc need to be change or even offer me a tune so i can at least drive the car so i can start logging and get a better understanding of what to tune. I was starting to get an understanding of how to tune using 12p but since this is a VTv8 and has MAF instead of MAP im lost and now trying to start again. Ill post my bin and if anyone can help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
vt ecm cal.cal
(128 KiB) Downloaded 267 times
madmaxisback
cars: VN Calais
VK Berlina

Re: Help Tuning VT304 with Supercharger

Post by madmaxisback »

Hi mate,

Sounds like you might need some help to get her out of the garage and less "stinky"!! :comp:

Have you setup the Injector - Offset Vs. Battery Voltage to suit the new Injectors?

The1 might have more info on the injectors and tips on how to sort Enhanced tune to suit the supercharger too.

Should be lots of fun once sorted! :thumbup:
VTXU8

Post by VTXU8 »

Hi madmaxisback, yeah some help to get the "stinky" factor down to a respectable level would be good. I think i may have killed the neighbours dogs. Havent heard boo from them since i started it:) I havent setup the INJECTOR-OFFSET vs BATTERY VOLTAGE yet but hopefully will tomorrow afternoon but cant seem to find detailed specs on the injectors which would help a great deal. They are bosch 42lbs aka 'GREEN GIANTS' . Pretty much double what i had before.
I thought i had a good month or two to learn how to tune using Enhanced Code. But my situation has change and i will no longer have my daily driver to get to and from work so now im in a bit of a mad rush to get this car on the road. Im very eager to learn all this tuning stuff. I find it fascinating and this website is fantastic. Chock full of great info.

Yeah should be lots of fun when she is going. I have a clean driving record atm but for how long? Thanks for your reply mate. Hopefully when i finally get my head around tuning a delco, i maybe able to contribute something useful to this site.
madmaxisback
cars: VN Calais
VK Berlina

Post by madmaxisback »

You will suss. The guys here will help you for sure. My fav site on net for sure. Great bunch of guys :thumbup:

Re: Rough Idle with $12P and 440cc injectors
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5019&p=72374&hilit= ... tor#p72363

Pretty sure the Genuine Bosch "green giants" Dead Time (Latency) is 0.70ms at 14 volts

Have a read of that thread mate. Should get plenty of stuff sorted. Let us know how it is after that.

Also, check the plugs are not fully fouled too
Wade
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Post by Wade »

Remove your injectors and send them into the1 on this site. Have him generated new data, get them back and entre all the new data as he's supplied. Enter your injectors average flow rate into kinjflow calculator and then put that into your tune as well. Also fit a better fuel pump if you havent already to keep up with the rest. Post your results after doing so on here, id be keen to see how you go from there
Wade

Post by Wade »

have a look over this bin. ive removed timing and set the commanded afr's up in both open loop and power enrichment. once you've got the correct injector data you should be pretty right. you'll obviously need to force open loop, turn off dfco and lean cruise ect once you start tunning as well.
Attachments
VTXU8 VT_V8_$A6E_Enhanced_v1.00.bin
(128 KiB) Downloaded 262 times
VTXU8

Post by VTXU8 »

madmaxisback wrote:You will suss. The guys here will help you for sure. My fav site on net for sure. Great bunch of guys :thumbup:

Re: Rough Idle with $12P and 440cc injectors
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5019&p=72374&hilit= ... tor#p72363

Pretty sure the Genuine Bosch "green giants" Dead Time (Latency) is 0.70ms at 14 volts

Have a read of that thread mate. Should get plenty of stuff sorted. Let us know how it is after that.

Also, check the plugs are not fully fouled too

Thanks for that, i will check that out.
Cheers
VTXU8

Post by VTXU8 »

Wade wrote:have a look over this bin. ive removed timing and set the commanded afr's up in both open loop and power enrichment. once you've got the correct injector data you should be pretty right. you'll obviously need to force open loop, turn off dfco and lean cruise ect once you start tunning as well.

Thanks for that Wade. Ill load that bin up and have a look. Ill contact The1 soon to see if he can do flow test for injectors. Hopefully he is not too busy. I'll let you know how i go :thumbup:
Wade

Post by Wade »

Its a good idea to check and make sure your commaded afr’s are matching your logs as well. Standard airflow meter ir not ive notice the mg can be out. If tou notice they are out than change everything over to suit
Wade

Post by Wade »

First thing i like to do is figure out when its coming onto boost. You can see its around 500mg. Than i know ive got to start running it richer at that point. So ill change the open loop commanded afr’s and power enrichment afr’s to suit from 500mg on. Than ill setup a new history table showing me the commanded afr’s.
Attachments
B54D745D-FC04-4D7A-9863-2B9379BF4317.jpeg