Looking for some advice/help for a beginner

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
InspectorCabbage
cars: Holden Commodore 96 Ute L67 Getrag
Holden Statesman 97 Ecotec
Holden Commodore 95 VR ute 5lt auto

Looking for some advice/help for a beginner

Post by InspectorCabbage »

Hey, sorry if this seems lazy, i will also be doing what research i can to learn whats what, just alot to take in at once for me it feels
so i thought that id put a post for any advice or guidance or even help really,

i have a VS Ute which ive just converted to be a L67 with a Getrag manual, it starts and runs but it will go to 1200rpm for a few seconds then drop down to 700ish whenever i go out of gear or rev (even with a tiny touch)
ive changed all my sensor to newer ones, and that hasn't fixed anything
it has a mace engineering memcal to suit the setup
i also have 1.9 ratio rockers and a ported sc (the triangle part), a mace air box with a pod and twin tip iridium plugs.
ive just purchased a ALDL cable from envyous which hopefully will be here by wednesday
Just going to ask a few questions
1) Can i copy the bin and/or XDF from the memcal inside my pcm when hooked up to?
2) am i able to change any (important) values on none NVRAM memcals (as i have to wait till i can afford one to start tuning fully)
3) if i cant or if its not really needed to export bin/XDF from current one what would anyone recommend i download for my setup/ future setup once i have NVRAM (plan on adding in my 69mm tb, ls1 maf sensor and 4" intake as i have them laying around and if i can benefit from them with this might as well)
4) with l67s what are the main parameters i should be looking at adjusting, and what is the best (most common) way to test there result without a dyno?

Sorry if this has been covered in other threads, i will Browse around in the meantime. any threads i find answering them ill add to the thread.
:comp: :?: