Microtech LT10S help

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
pman92
cars: HZ One Tonner
VE Ute

Microtech LT10S help

Post by pman92 »

Hey guys,
Does anyone have any experience with Microtech engine management? I know a lot of rotary guys use it. I tried to sign up to the forum at the microtech website, but there website just gives "500 - Internal server error". I know someone with a Peugeot rally car that has had a Microtech LT10S system for a number of years. He complains it has always been very hard to start and will flood. However once the engine is warm it will start pretty well. It has been previously dyno tuned. I've been looking at it on and off for months trying to resolve the issue (all I can say is the adjustments on this are very very crude compared to the delco 808).

It seems to crank over and fire occasionally. I've put the scope on it today and found a few things:
-Its firing the the same cylinder every 2nd cycle (4 revolutions)
-Injector pulse is constant
-Ignition output is constant
-Ignition timing jumps from 5 deg cranking to something like 18 degrees every time it fires. Cannot work out in microtech software why its doing this
-Injector pulse is exactly DOUBLE what the software says it is

Clearly something is not setup right. When it does get running it idles warm with 3-4mS injector pulse (on the software display) with the wideband say 14:1. I'm not sure if this is actually double that in reality. Cranking cold the software is saying 10.5ms (it was almost 20mS before I started playing around with it), but the scope proves its actually outputting 21ms (exactly double). If it was outputting 40ms before hand, no wonder it flooded every time he tried to start it cold.
Attachments
Injector pulse.png
Injector pulse.png (934.33 KiB) Viewed 2732 times
Injector pulse too big.png
Ignition timing changing.png
Ignition timing changing.png (1.06 MiB) Viewed 2732 times
Ignition output 1.png
Firing 1 cylinder.png
Firing 1 cylinder.png (962.13 KiB) Viewed 2732 times
Crank inputs.png
VR-VY Holden BCM Simulator: View Post
MrModule.com.au
krusty
cars: VY Calais guzzler, Toyota Corolla almost hybrid

Re: Microtech LT10S help

Post by krusty »

pman92 wrote:Hey guys,
Does anyone have any experience with Microtech engine management? I know a lot of rotary guys use it. I tried to sign up to the forum at the microtech website, but there website just gives "500 - Internal server error". I know someone with a Peugeot rally car that has had a Microtech LT10S system for a number of years. He complains it has always been very hard to start and will flood. However once the engine is warm it will start pretty well. It has been previously dyno tuned. I've been looking at it on and off for months trying to resolve the issue (all I can say is the adjustments on this are very very crude compared to the delco 808).

It seems to crank over and fire occasionally. I've put the scope on it today and found a few things:
-Its firing the the same cylinder every 2nd cycle (4 revolutions)
-Injector pulse is constant
-Ignition output is constant
-Ignition timing jumps from 5 deg cranking to something like 18 degrees every time it fires. Cannot work out in microtech software why its doing this
-Injector pulse is exactly DOUBLE what the software says it is

Clearly something is not setup right. When it does get running it idles warm with 3-4mS injector pulse (on the software display) with the wideband say 14:1. I'm not sure if this is actually double that in reality. Cranking cold the software is saying 10.5ms (it was almost 20mS before I started playing around with it), but the scope proves its actually outputting 21ms (exactly double). If it was outputting 40ms before hand, no wonder it flooded every time he tried to start it cold.
Give the guys at Microtech
a buzz. They're usually quite helpful
ejukated

Post by ejukated »

Nice Scope!

(Sorry not really helpful for your actual problem)
ejukated

Post by ejukated »

actually it might be a double pulse mode for large injectors - where the pulse is doubled and delivered half as often. Try looking for thresholds for this mode, might be set incorrectly.
pman92
cars: HZ One Tonner
VE Ute

Post by pman92 »

ejukated wrote:actually it might be a double pulse mode for large injectors - where the pulse is doubled and delivered half as often. Try looking for thresholds for this mode, might be set incorrectly.
Something like that would make sense. However it is delivering a pulse once every revolution (2 pulses between each intake valve opening). I'll send microtech a message with the form on their website which seems to be back online now
VR-VY Holden BCM Simulator: View Post
MrModule.com.au