OSE12Pro A/F Maps

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
Ken

OSE12Pro A/F Maps

Post by Ken »

Was just browsing through the OSE12Pro binary, attempting to familiarize myself with what options it has compared to the later VS tune that I had played around with, and noticed it has a lot more fuel map options, with each option having an "A" and "B" variant.
Does the "B" variant of the "A" equivalent need to be altered at all, like the high/low octane options in the later pcm tunes, or is it an option for alternate situations, like e85 or other fuels.

Thanks.!
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Re: OSE12Pro A/F Maps

Post by vlad01 »

You only need to tune on A as a default, the B option is a secondary tune so to speak that can be externally triggered via one of the inputs on the ECU to switch between A and B real time.

Useful for like you said, different fuel types as well as octane ratings. It's not automatic though, but an external trigger. A switch or some high/low input. Can be used for more creative tuning along with flexible tables, ie NO2, low/high boost scenarios etc..

I personally havn't used it but sure can think up of some real good uses for it.

My personal fav of 12P is all the manual tras spark control settings, the code works out what the tras is doing just by engine data and VSS with no input from the tras itself.

12P is bloody awesome!
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Ken

Post by Ken »

vlad01 wrote:You only need to tune on A as a default, the B option is a secondary tune so to speak that can be externally triggered via one of the inputs on the ECU to switch between A and B real time.
Useful for like you said, different fuel types as well as octane ratings. It's not automatic though, but an external trigger. A switch or some high/low input. Can be used for more creative tuning along with flexible tables, ie NO2, low/high boost scenarios etc..
Thanks for that info.
vlad01 wrote:My personal fav of 12P is all the manual tras spark control settings, the code works out what the tras is doing just by engine data and VSS with no input from the tras itself.
By manual tras, are you meaning manual trans?
My next question then, is not having a VSS input when engine dynoing going to be a problem.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Yes sorry trans. My keyboard is getting old and keys don't always register.

Lack of VSS generally causes some issues, DFCO, drive to idle transitions, many setting have a min road speed enable, so those fail to work.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

We run no vss works fine no annoying issues
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

I ran an ecotec in my speedway car for years with no VSS, it used to flame out the exhaust on decel which was cool but I realised that the fuel consumption was much, much higher compared to now running a VSS...
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
Ken

Post by Ken »

vlad01 wrote:Yes sorry trans. My keyboard is getting old and keys don't always register.

Lack of VSS generally causes some issues, DFCO, drive to idle transitions, many setting have a min road speed enable, so those fail to work.
Not sure if the punter in running vss in his rig, I'll have to get the engine builder to ask him, he's sent me the ecm he's been running, I'm comparing all scalars, flags and tables one by one against v112 from here, familiarizing myself with what mods were previously done to run alky.
Is there a flag I need to ensure is set just for engine dynoing.
delcowizzid wrote:We run no vss works fine no annoying issues
You just love the big after burn, as do the spectators. :)
Biggvl wrote:I ran an ecotec in my speedway car for years with no VSS, it used to flame out the exhaust on decel which was cool but I realised that the fuel consumption was much, much higher compared to now running a VSS...
Another good tip, thanks..
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Post the bin, a fair few on here have dealt with different fuel types, myself included.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Dylan wrote:Post the bin, a fair few on here have dealt with different fuel types, myself included.
OSE12p_Alky.zip
(17.18 KiB) Downloaded 273 times
Any faults found or enhancement/improvement tips greatly appreciated.
v6bucket

Post by v6bucket »

Doesn't look like a 12P.
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---