OSE12Pro A/F Maps

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
Ken

Re: OSE12Pro A/F Maps

Post by Ken »

Dylan wrote:That sticker can be re applied at any meeting. Memcals can be modified so long as you can't adjust during the race. So no NVRAM with bank switching sort of deal and no data logging during a race.
Ah OK, was thinking it was like a class I remember running around 10 odd years ago when I was involved with another mates sprinter, he was thinking of getting involved in the V6 class then, which apparently were controlled down to the memcal you ran, most people then just ran donks pulled straight from the wreck at the wreckers.

I spoke with the engine builder, apparently the motor is in absolute STD form except for the comp.
Cam timing / dial-in, heads, balancer etc etc, all STD.
So I figure I'm better off starting from scratch with the latest ose12pro, feels a bit like I've jumped straight into the deep end, though getting an idea of where the old tune was running, I guess things can only go up.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

If its a standard engine with only methanol and high comp, it will be very easy to tune. it depends on if it's got stock exhaust manifolds or extractors there will be tunes available here on the forum that will very close once injector displacement and the whole ignition map is moved +/- to approximate ideals are adjusted.

I can get you the base spark map quite easy.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Ken

Post by Ken »

antus wrote:Edit: Claimed ESC is Electronic spark control, but its not..... Thanks delcowizzid for the pickup.
Yeah that does get confusing, I was sure the abbreviation "esc' meant electronic spark control from when I did tech, though it was a fair while ago.
So what does it stand for in this case.

EDIT: How come the esc in this case doesn't stand for electronic spark control when GM refer to it as that.
GM_Ref.PNG
GM_Ref.PNG (162.07 KiB) Viewed 3883 times
vlad01 wrote:If its a standard engine with only methanol and high comp, it will be very easy to tune. it depends on if it's got stock exhaust manifolds or extractors there will be tunes available here on the forum that will very close once injector displacement and the whole ignition map is moved +/- to approximate ideals are adjusted.

I can get you the base spark map quite easy.
Mate, I'll take all the help I can get, thanks.
I've asked the eng builder specs on pump, inj, and exhaust specs via message, just waiting for a response.

I was in 2 frames of mind when I said yeah to taking the job on, I figured, this is the 3rd time over the last couple of years he'd asked if I was keen to have a go, my thoughts were, I've not played around enough to get it 100%, on the other hand, he's eventually going to stop asking, then I miss the opportunity altogether, I've dyno'd enough carb motors to know what not to do regarding timing and fuel.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Yeah let us know the engine specs as I am sure some of us can help. I certainly can with the ignition side, someone else might have to do the methanol fueling side as I am not that familiar with the AFRs optimal for it, though I have done plenty on E85.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Ken wrote:How come the esc in this case doesn't stand for electronic spark control when GM refer to it as that.
The great thing about standards, is there are so many to choose from! :lol:
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

ESC = Electronic Spark Control = Knock Sensor.
EST = Electronic Spark Timing = ECU controlled spark advance.

Its always been this way in GM land, and 12P and 11P use the terms/standards above as defined by GM in the 80s.
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Gotta love the way the PCMhackng mods carry through with what the dealers couldn't!!!

A very big hand of appreciation to all of you!
Ken

Post by Ken »

VX L67 Getrag wrote:A very big hand of appreciation to all of you!
And then some. :thumbup:
I kind of feel guilty for being on the take without being able to give back.
vlad01 wrote:Yeah let us know the engine specs as I am sure some of us can help. I certainly can with the ignition side, someone else might have to do the methanol fueling side as I am not that familiar with the AFRs optimal for it, though I have done plenty on E85.
I will mate, thanks..!
v6bucket

Post by v6bucket »

If it's a Wingless, Holden202T done some work with one some time back.
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Dont feel guilty, just hang around and keep learning and once you're up to speed answer someone elses question when you know the answer and you see it first. :thumbup:
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396