antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: OSE12Pro A/F Maps

Post by antus »

Yeah thats 12P in the zip, but the older v1.1.1 - not 1.1.2 which most people are running these days. Only a couple of minor changes between those two versions from memory, but still should always use the matching xdf.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Ken

Post by Ken »

v6bucket wrote:Doesn't look like a 12P.
Yeah sorry, I forgot to mention it's the previous 12P, was thinking of moving any mods done to this to the v1.12 since it's what's on the nvram I bought from here, though wondering if there's any benefit from doing so.

Also, keep in mind, I have no intentions of making a living out of continued use of this info given & parts bought from here.
I bought the VS stuff because my son was pushing to, and figured it's better we do this as a project together, than he go elsewhere, and this 12P involvement is because the fellow that has sent all his carb tuning work my way for years has continually asked me if I wanted to get involved when he's built motors, I don't want to get too involved with this scene just yet, if at all.
v6bucket

Post by v6bucket »

antus wrote:Yeah thats 12P in the zip, but the older v1.1.1 - not 1.1.2 which most people are running these days. Only a couple of minor changes between those two versions from memory, but still should always use the matching xdf.
I don't want to hijack, but even using V1.1.1, I'm still seeing ve tables that look a saw tooth, lots of other things that have extremely high numbers etc. Am I doing something wrong?
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

If that's 12P theres something really wrong. Either version XDF should show the same VE tables but if your sure it's 12P it's a mess.
Ken

Post by Ken »

I compared the dump from the fellows ecu with all ose12p's from here using a hex editor, and found it pretty much matched the "OSE $12P V111 APNX V6.bin" from the download of 111 here
The ecu itself also has apnx written on it with a black marker.
No idea who tuned it before.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Must run real bad lol timing control is turned off so its locked at 10 degrees timing everywhere has all the cold air fuel tables disabled and lots of other strangeness
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

Is it a botched attempt at a Methanol tune?
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

Yeah most likely. I'd call that porcupine, not saw tooth, and I wouldnt use it as a base. You'd be far better off reading Holden202Ts of how he did it, and modify a stock tune to suit yourself.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Ken

Post by Ken »

antus wrote:You'd be far better off reading Holden202Ts of how he did it, and modify a stock tune to suit yourself.
Yeah I'm kinda leaning that way myself.
Another thing, past experience with A/F meters on dyno's have led me to being sceptical of their accuracy, many occasions I've either pulled or added fuel from tunes then thought to myself, nah, check a plug, and found the plug tells a totally different story, then gone the direction the plug tells me and gone forward, only to hear the dyno operator state yeah I replaced the sensor a few days ago as it was playing games {or a story along the same lines}.

Since techedge is 30 odd k's south of me, should I consider my own wideband, the old microtech unit I had died on 2 of the LEDs, and they use some funky +common terminal led units that I cant find online for the life of me.
delcowizzid wrote:Must run real bad lol timing control is turned off so its locked at 10 degrees timing everywhere has all the cold air fuel tables disabled and lots of other strangeness
What if he's done something like you mentioned here, and advanced the reference angle to make it start / run better, doesn't that not only advance the timing reference angle, but also the crank angle at which the injector fires.
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

You still get completely flat timing though. Just that the flat timing might be more than 10 degrees. Definitely sub-optimal.