not shore where and how to start tuning my vu ls1 & l67

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
s/c-3800
cars: hj75 and vt l67 5spd

not shore where and how to start tuning my vu ls1 & l67

Post by s/c-3800 »

new to the whole idea of tuning and consumed by it . i have a vu ls1 with auto ecu running a tr6060 6 speed manual . and a vt l67 with auto ecu running getrag 260 5 speed . the ls1 is running the otr and mafless auto tune .. i have since upgraded to 102mm throttle body ,6 speed conversion and extractors no cats to dual 3" so i have a few issues as listed
high idle (fuel&air ratios)
vats
o2 sensor
no fuel econ (250 km per tank if lucky)
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: not shore where and how to start tuning my vu ls1 & l67

Post by antus »

at this stage you'll need commercial software to tune the ls1. Exactly what will depend on whats been done to it before. If its running a custom os for the mafless you'll need the tools the tuner used to set up. Its possible that they may have tuner locked it, at which point you'll need them to unlock it for you. Initially you could do something like get a usb allpro adaptor http://www.obddiag.net/products.html and use our pcmhammer software viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6080 to identify and possibly read the pcm. If you can read it, going ahead will be reasonably straight forward. If you cant the OSID (operating system) that it reports might help point you towards one of the aftermarket tools.

For the vt l67, would would be running a memcal computer and would tune it with an aldl cable and one of our pcm nvrams. See the hardware info in the FAQ area (link near top right) for more information. Typically you'd swap it to be "the1's enhanced" operating system as the definitions for tunerpro that are supplied with it are the best you'll find.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
GmanVS
cars: VS Acclaim L67 M35 in Lotus blue

Post by GmanVS »

Hi guys, I've had a quick search but no luck finding an answer. Since I hate starting new threads, I'll post my question here even though it's old.
I have converted a VS L67 to Getrag manual. Everything is hunky dory but idle control.
Issues -
On start up the car idles at 2000 rpm for 2 seconds or so and then settles to 900 rpm where it idles beautifully.
When I drive a short distance (my driveway) in 1st, I have to put my foot on the brake to slow the car down.
When I disengage the clutch it revs at 2000 rpm for 2 seconds or so and then settles to 900 rpm where, once again, it idles beautifully.
I think these issues are all due to the idle control being set up for an automatic transmission. Does anyone here have any suggestions on how to get it to behave like manual when going into the 'idle' state (no load, closed throttle - would do this while decelerating too, I guess) from some other state?
I am running the Delco ECU with the PCM Hacking NVRAM and THE1's enhanced VS L67 code.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

I think your right. Im not sure what variables off the top of my head but check IAC tables and Desired Airflow tables. For the high idle on start it could also be an enrichment problem. You can compare against a manual tune to see whats different too, and if it is an auto tune problem. If you find the problem please let us know for others.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396