IMA355-2
cars: VR SS T56 6 Speed 3.9 diff

New engine roller can help

Post by IMA355-2 »

Hey guys
Finally got the the motor rebuilt in my vr ss

Specs are standard bore re ringed stock pistons VT roller block
Camtech roller turbo cam 222 @50” in 227 @ 50” exp on 114 Lsa
Motel tie bar lifters rebuilt heads with springs spring to suit cam. Will be upgrading pushrods and roller rockers soon.

It seems to run pretty good in the tune I had in the car from the old motor although it idles at around 1300 rpm (easily fixed)
My question is can I use tuner pro to put the ecu into diagnostic mode?
I used message 4 “force 10 deg timing” and checked it with a timing light and it was spot on 10 deg. Does this mean that my base timing is spot on or do I need to manually bridge the diagnostic connector ?
Cheers guy
I did a search but could find the specific infor I was looking for? I also fitted a knock sensor to it and wiring so is that just a matter of enabling the flag and setting it to 56 deg.
Cheers lads :thumbup:
IMA355-2

Re: New engine roller can help

Post by IMA355-2 »

Also I have supercharged v6 injectors to go in it aswell, does the v6 fuel pressure reg fit on the v8 rail?
I know I will need to adjust the injector rate in the tune to suit, so I just got it running on the stock injectors coz I didn’t want to be mucking around with that stuff while I was getting it started and running in it and getting oil pressure for the first time
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

if you put it back into normal mode and the timing mark then moves to match commanded timing then i would say yes its right.

i dont thing the s/c v6 regulator is any different to the V8 one so theres probably no need to change it, but i think the answer is no to the m interchanging anyways.
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

You'll need to go into esc params and set the coolant temp to enable the knock sensor. You will probably find the temp setting very high to stop the knock sensor working.
IMA355-2

Post by IMA355-2 »

Ah cool thanx for the replies fellas
Thought super v6 ran a 3.5 bar pressure reg and the v8 were at 3 bar.
But if they are the same then all good :thumbup: I’ll just stick with the stock reg since it’s not that old.