VX and TunerPro

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
Dak
cars: VX V6 Acclaim

VX and TunerPro

Post by Dak »

Having trouble with an XDF file to suit a Series 1 VX Acclaim, I have downloaded a bin file from my car but every XDF file I have tried doesn't add up, is some of the values are really strange.
For example looking at high and low speed fan enable temps some XDF files say this is set a -32 degrees C and other say it is set at 107 degrees C. This and idle speed are something I want to alter. So also if I do alter these and save then are they included in the cal file I will upload to my car?

Cheers.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: VX and TunerPro

Post by antus »

I dont have the numbers on hand, but 107 deg c sounds reasonable. Do the other tables look sain? Once your happy that you have the right xdf and your changes are good, save the file and send it to the car as a cal flash. It doesnt matter if the file is bin and you choose cal, the tool is smart enough to load only the cal section from a bin.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Dak
cars: VX V6 Acclaim

Re: VX and TunerPro

Post by Dak »

Cheers, used memcall id and Im pretty sure I have the correct XDF now, yup everything else seems OK, just wanted to change a few settings to do with idle etc and a lot are temp based and seem to start around 85 degrees, my car rarely reaches 85 degrees over here in NZ, has the correct thermostat etc, just doesn't get very warm.