MAF Parameters

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
Dak
cars: VX V6 Acclaim

MAF Parameters

Post by Dak »

Excuse all the newbie questions, one query, I'm using two bins in TunerPro to compare, a bin I downloaded from my stock VX V6 and one I got from here named a VX Enhanced bin, it is identical to my stock bin except all the tables etc in the MAF parameters section are vastly different, what exactly do all these MAF settings do and why would they be so different?

Cheers.
Holden202T

Re: MAF Parameters

Post by Holden202T »

have a read of the doco that comes with the bins, usually says whats been done, i dare say in this case the maf tables are modded to allow more scope for engine mods.
Dak

Post by Dak »

Cheers, somewhat new at this, I think, maybe, the modded tune I have is a V6 that is mafless maybe, all the values in the MAF parameters section are set to 0, every single one.
But, I think I will leave well alone, what I want to do is just alter the idle speeds and fan on temps on my stock VX and the temp at which fuel trim starts. My car never gets any hotter than 85c despite having a 92c thermostat. So, if I simply download the bin from my car, modify those values then upload a cal back to my car I should be right??

Cheers.
yoda69
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual

Post by yoda69 »

You can’t compare a standard and enhanced tune with the same xdf.
The enhanced tune has been modified to increase table sizes so other tables and scalars will also have been moved. So some things will line up and be ok and others will not.
Dak

Post by Dak »

Thanks mate, had me going for a while, just figured that out about 5 mins ago :-) I'll just stick with my bin and the correct XDF and mod the things I mentioned above. Lot to learn, I no longer work as I broke my back so mucking around with this sort of stuff will keep me busy for a while.