nitrous tune in vr commodore

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
damo702002

nitrous tune in vr commodore

Post by damo702002 »

Hey guys just wondering if anyone here has had any good success with a memcal tune to suit a nitrous application????
ive had one done already but its made no difference over using the stock factory one,

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

cheers Damo
Holden202T

Re: nitrous tune in vr commodore

Post by Holden202T »

i did a bit with nitrous on a vn v6 .... we used the computer to switch maps when the nitrous came on, this retarded the timing activated the solenoids through the use of a flex table.

you say it makes no difference, but what are you trying to achieve, how much gas are you using ?
damo702002

Post by damo702002 »

Thanks for your input holden202t.

Mate it run a 125hp shot and sometimes 150hp....have had a memcal done that is meant to out 6 degree as out when switched.....it's hooked to power/econo button but car shows no difference at all when used......same 60ft...same et and mph so wondering if there's a better way or if it's just not setup right.

Any further help you can give would be awesome
Cheers
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

i assume its running a $11P or $12P tune ?

you should notice a fuckload of difference with 125hp shot! it sounds like somethings not right, what are you doing to activate the gas ?

do you happen to have the tune you can post up i can take a look ?
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

If it's too rich you won't gain anything if not go backwards .a bunch of fuel jets and a wideband make a big difference .I did an ls1 vt it gained I think it was a second over the 1/4 could of been 2 but i think it was 1 on a 125 shot lol
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
damo702002

Post by damo702002 »

mate tune on the gas by plugs and egt seems fine but I,m trying to gain any little bit I can and thought if I can pull timing out and get a gain by fine tuning from there id be rapt.....
its only a 13.1 sec car but my goal is 12,99 as cheap as possible so trying to get any extra.

greatly appreciate your input mate
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Just found my old post stock ls1 vt dumped exhaust with 125 shot 0.85 second gain was still a touch rich and had 6 degrees pulled out
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
damo702002

Post by damo702002 »

Yeah that seems about right delcowizard......2 degrees per 50hp of nitrous is the rule of thumb so looks like it responded well.

that's what I,m trying achieve with the nitrous v6 tune.....just to know its got timing pulled to help keep it safe.

cheers