Banked injection on 355 V8 using 11P

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
gmh304

Banked injection on 355 V8 using 11P

Post by gmh304 »

Hello

Getting back into tinkering with my project after a long break. So much knowledge and helpful advice on this forum its awesome. I am working on setting up banked injection on my 355 V8 using 11P.

Been searching and reading for some time and haven't found any information on the preferred settings. Apologies if this has already been covered. I am using a VT dizzy and VL400's impressive ignition module.

If I understand correctly the 424 PCM will detect the cam signal and automatically go into bank fired mode?

Are these the only Scalars or settings to update;
Run Params - Number of reference pulses after cam to fire injector A
Run Params - Number of reference pulses after cam to fire injector B

The V6 11P Bin has the scalar settings set as 2 Ref Pulses and 5 Ref Pulses respectively. Can I use these settings for a v8, if not what is recommended?

The V6 Bin also has the flag set=Single fire option, clear=Double fire option [set to clear]

So this has me wondering if banked mode occurs throughout the rev range or does it change to double fire at wide open throttle or under load?

Any guidance will be appreciated, thanks.
gmh304

Re: Banked injection on 355 V8 using 11P

Post by gmh304 »

Doh, I may have answered my first question, it appears I have overlooked the flags that turn on Banked mode.

[Econ] set=Banked fuel option clear=Simultaneous option
[Power] set=Banked fuel option clear=Simultaneous option
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Also make sure you wire the injectors as the 1st 4 in the firing order as bank one and the last 4 as bank 2 not left and right bank
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
gmh304

Post by gmh304 »

Thanks delcowizzid, understood :thumbup: