kojab
cars: VT V6 supercharged in a corolla

Re: End of Injector Pulse.

Post by kojab »

This one is a lot clearer.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Informative video, thanks, I'm surprised at how large the scale of crank timing ended up being with the temperature change, way larger than I would have thought.

I'm keen to see what the crank angle / timing ends up being when changing the EOIT 4 hex bytes at a time.
Thanks heaps for this.

One thing that does make me wonder though, is the reference used by EFILive regarding the math equated output figures used, eg: the scale of 2.55078 at low temp to 5.55078 at full temp, those figures are displayed as being a measurement of mS, which I understand to be milliseconds.
If that were the case, the crank angle at which the EOIT occurred would differ as the rpm altered.
On the setup you're using in the above video, does changing the rpm alter the crank angle of the EOIT.

Also when looking through the later LS2 tunes, I notice that the EOIT is oddly familiar to the earlier LS1 with regards to the plotted figures when displayed in the graph screen.
LS2_vs_LS1.PNG
Also as a side note, changing the final figures of 5.55078 decimal / 058D hex to 0595 hex, has my L/100 figure drop by .3 /100, even when occasionally throttling hard off the line at times, and that's city driving, not highway.
kojab

Post by kojab »

https://youtu.be/60U0drbg7sY

Changing EOIT in Real time by 4 hex
Ken

Post by Ken »

Seems to shift it's timing as much with throttle position as does with temp change, I'm surprised I actually felt the improvement I did with the small changes I'd made.
Thanks for the demo, really appreciate it. :thumbup:
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Great video kojab
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
kojab

Post by kojab »

Thanks DW

https://youtu.be/f2sij2NP2Qk

LS1 Gen3 Injector Boundary testing
Ken

Post by Ken »

Thanks again for the informative video.
You mentioned in this video, the 2 x 16 bit entries after the boundary entry, I noticed those too after adding the boundary entry in the xdf I started writing at the start of this thread, I noticed the hexadecimal code itself was the same as the final full temp entries in the eoit and eoit trim.

I'm keen to find the advantage limits of playing around with the eoit on my rig, and am poised at purchasing these if you lads think it'll do the job.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Still experimenting with the eoit settings, along with the 2 extra 16 bit blocks after the boundary block.
Not tried the settings on a roller yet, though the 2 extra blocks after the boundary definitely feels as though it's also further affected part and wide open throttle for the better.

STD settings, in hex view.
STD_InjTiming.PNG
STD_InjTiming.PNG (60.57 KiB) Viewed 5791 times
Current settings, in hex view.
Current_InjTiming.PNG
Current_InjTiming.PNG (60.63 KiB) Viewed 5791 times

Overall drivability and economy has improved further still.
Highway economy has reduced .9 L/100 further than it's best ever with above settings.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Wow man that's fantastic you certainly k ownyour way around the code. Look forward to more from you
kojab

Post by kojab »

Ken what happened to your latest post ???