Issues making any changes

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
Shoslr
cars: Vn calais 355
Vn race car v6 sc14 supercharged

Issues making any changes

Post by Shoslr »

Hey fellas
I'm pretty stumped when it comes to this tuning stuff, but have a mate who tunes haltechs having a play for me
Yesterday he found when he tries to make any changes it just comes up with an error at the bottom of the screen and wont allow him to alter anything.
Any ideas where we could be going wrong?

Error shows up "upload failed"
delcowizzid

Re: Issues making any changes

Post by delcowizzid »

Are you using ose $11p or $12p And an nvram .are the correct xdf and adx loaded and the ose plugin downloaded and put in the tunerpro folder and selected in the aqusistion and emulation section of tunerpro preferences menu. And is the write enable jumper on the pins to allow writing and the write wire fitted on the back side of the ecu
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Shoslr
cars: Vn calais 355
Vn race car v6 sc14 supercharged

Post by Shoslr »

Hey bud.
I know when I bought the nvram from this site I followed all the instructions to fit it correctly.
The computer is recognising the ECU but notenabling changes.
I'll check that we have the correct file loaded as I did it almost 2 years ago and havnt touched car since.
Cheers for some help bud
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

check that the jumper on the nvram for write enable ?
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Thats my bet. I ship them write protected because a lot of people were erasing them while they were getting set up. There should be a jumper over 1 of the two RW jumpers on the NVRAM. If the RW line is installed in the ECM as per the docs move the jumper to cover both pins. If the RW wire is not installed and RW is enabled this will erase the nvram and you'll need a chip programmer to recover it.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396