Tuning Info

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
v6bucket

Tuning Info

Post by v6bucket »

I'm going through some logs of my car, chasing some timing alterations in the tune.
What should the "EST Params Torque Management RPM Threshold" "EST Params Torque Management Forced Advance" be set to?
The RPM is 6375 & the Advance is 5.98, these figures are probably from the bin that I used as a base. This ecu is only running the ignition at this point, no fuel.
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: Tuning Info

Post by antus »

I dont know the answer, but it would help others if you mentioned the OS you are talking about
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
v6bucket

Post by v6bucket »

Sorry it's a 12P bin
V112Torana Alky3.13.bin
(32 KiB) Downloaded 247 times
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

i believe this is the rpm that torque management is enabled ... and above that RPM it will use that timing advance.

but i am not sure whether that is triggered be another sensor/input etc or purely rpm based.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

It is only torque management for shifting from neutral or park into gear if I remember correct doesn't need changed
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
v6bucket

Post by v6bucket »

Thanks for that. The engine feels a little flat compared to the dizzy & there is some difference in the commanded timing & what is being logged. So I will continue to look at.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Do you have a tps hooked up even if it's not on a shaft just taped in the loom. It was found that you get stuck in the idle spark table without one attached
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
v6bucket

Post by v6bucket »

Yes, there is a TPS connected & working.