Novice tunerpro

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
Spookydriftr
cars: 2003 vy Commodore s l67

Novice tunerpro

Post by Spookydriftr »

Hi guys I recently installed an nvram in my vy l67 Commodore, I am changing the fan temps for my first go at using tunerpro. What I need to know is have I got the correct procedure. do I
# install jumper
# connect aldl cable
# turn on ignition
# connect to tunerpro
# change values
# click set
# disconnect ECU from tunerpro
# turn off ignition
# remove jumper
Thanks in advance
delcowizzid

Re: Novice tunerpro

Post by delcowizzid »

Before anything make sure you have thd plug in loaded in tunerpro and selected and make sure you can log data with no errors
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

yep, the jumper makes the nvram writable so it protects you from any faults during setup. after connect in tunerpro, i'd hit emulate, then change the value and hit upload.

also, once your connected and it tells you what version down the bottom grab that file from the1's enhanced thread and load it in tunerpro. Once your done do save as, and save a copy on your pc so that you have a backup. usually i'd date the file, and a short as possible note whats changed. tunerpro also saves a log of whats changed next to the bin.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Spookydriftr

Post by Spookydriftr »

Thanks for that, I'm pretty sure I have the latest file as you sent me the link when I got the nvram. I have the vy_v6_sc_$07_Enhanced_v1.2g.xdf ADX File vy_v6_sc_$07_Enhanced_v1.2.adx vy_v6_sc_$07_Enhanced_v1.2.bin. I changed the fan values and saved after that, so hopefully it works I'm about to take it for a drive so I'll see if it works. Thanks for your time guys
Spookydriftr

Post by Spookydriftr »

delcowizzid wrote:Before anything make sure you have thd plug in loaded in tunerpro and selected and make sure you can log data with no errors
thanks mate I've got that sorted, I was just unsure on the actual procedure of changing the fan values. I'll let you know how it all went, thanks mate
Spookydriftr

Post by Spookydriftr »

So it didn't work, I must have not done it properly, I put the jumper on, started car, connected to tunerpro, changed fan on and off times, clicked save and then saved the changes, disconnected from tunerpro, turn car off, removed the jumper. It appears I only made changes on the bin on tunerpro but not the nvram/ car
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

You didnt click emulate (C), so the button only did local changes, rather than showing the upload button on the edit box (not shown, but it is the same button as save, only in emulate mode). You can upload the whole file now with the upload button on the toolbar (D), but normally you'd upload the changes as you go to observe the result.

Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Spookydriftr

Post by Spookydriftr »

Thanks so much for that mate
Spookydriftr

Post by Spookydriftr »

I'll reload the original bin since the one now is my "modified" one and change it again as you said, thanks again for your time
Spookydriftr

Post by Spookydriftr »

For some reason I can't get the enable/disable(C) or the upload current bin to emulator(D) to be highlighted. It stays grey and wont let me click in it. I just watched again envyous customs video on tunerpro on YouTube and mine was the same as his not highlighted