vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Re: VR with l67 help needed

Post by vlad01 »

My understanding is there was stuff all difference from VR to VY with the 6 cyl 4L60E, just use the VR one.

I would just try transfer over the spark map and the AFR map and tune the VE from scratch. Make sure you get a good 2 bar map sensor and set the tune for 2 bar and you should be right.

Map sensor should go to the LIM and not before the SC.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
vp304

Post by vp304 »

Thanks vlad
I have good 2 bar map from my old turbo 5l days.
Would there be any other parts of the tune I will have to change for the injector swap
Ie going from the vr v6 injectors to the larger super 6 injectors.
Have my own wideband and tailpipe sniffer so street tuning it is no worries for the ve table afr
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Copy over the injector bias and adder tables if you can to characterize the injectors.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
vp304

Post by vp304 »

Sorry to be a pain vlad has been like years since i used tuner pro.
I downloaded the vs super 6 tune
and xdf and adx i think to suit.

I see the timing / rpm map here see screen shot below.
The top section with 50 to 850 labeled Should that be say map or vacume to boost like most normal software uses ?
timing in low end 47deg seems excessive.

Maybe i have wrong xdf or something else mixed up ?

Also cant find the injector bias and adder tables you talk about. ?
Injector flow rate is that one of the values im looking to change when fitting the super 6 injectors running on my vr ecu on 11p ?
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

The flow rate is calculated different in 11p and 12p.

I would set the flow rate at 0.100 for that sized injector and start tuning the VE, if the max VE is over 100% then increase the number, if the max VE is under 80% then reduce the number until tuning the VE gets you in that usable range. I could be wrong on the direction, if so then change the number the other way to what I said.

Just search "flow" under scalars

Not sure what the terms are called in the MAF based tuned but in 11P you want to copy over the following if you can, otherwise maybe ask if The1 has the data for the super 6 injectors, if not he can generate the data if you send them to you.

The ones you want is. "Injector bias vs battery voltage" and "injector bias add on vs injector pulse width"

I just searched "inj" under tables
injector-data.PNG

The other thing to consider is the cranking pulse with tables, 1st and 2nd stage tables. There you want to reduce the table by the difference in size of injector. So 36 lb / 19 lb = 1.895

So you want to divide the whole table by that value and for both tables. This with make sure the same amount of fuel is injected at each temp and for either stage 1 or 2 of the cranking as stock would be but with the bigger injectors. If you left this stock it would likely flood the engine from too much fuel when cranking.

It's these tables.
crank.PNG
crank.PNG (44.68 KiB) Viewed 4178 times

But wait, there's more!

There is a minimum cranking pulse setting which really stuffed me up as I didn't know it existed. It basically overrides the tables and sets a min for cranking that is allowed. Too high and too will flood the engine. I set mine at 2ms.

I think that should be all that needs to be changed to suit the new injectors.

Min-crank.PNG
Min-crank.PNG (38.57 KiB) Viewed 4178 times
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Oh and by the way when you tune the VE table there is actually 2 tables, one for 0 to 100 Kpa which is for up to atmo pressure and there is a boost table for anything above that. You will have to use the 2 bar petrol with calcVE ADX for that.
vp304

Post by vp304 »

Thanks vlad
i had a brain flash and remembered from years ago i had to select the option (in the tune under both pwr and econ MAP Sensor Type Selection A \ A:B Clear = 1Bar ) to change maps from 1 bar to 2 bar.
When time comes i may fit my ostrich to my vr with current stock engine get it running then switch to my 2 bar map and if will fit my super 6 injectors to my old motor and try get it to run idle.
Then i know when i do the swap over i have one less thing to worry about. :)
Will msg you guys back when it gets closer to.
thanks so much again
vp304

Post by vp304 »

So cause i over worry about stuff
I have been collecting most of the bits to do the swap soon.
I have copied above vlads info into a 11p base tune.
Want to fit super 6 injectors to my stock vr v6 engine now and start it on the 1 bar map sensor. Make sure i have a half decent ready tune to get car started once i do the l67 swap.
Does all look good below. I have also unticked a and b boxes so the tune knows its on 1 bar map sensor also.

Hoping to get a starting running tune ready now so when i do swap i just fit 2 bar map sensor and super 6 injectors back onto my super 6 engine and it fires 1st shot.
Drive it a bit with wideband and adjust the a/f ratio and go from there.
Attachments
forum 1 bar super 6 injectors in buick.jpg
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

You could just leave the battery compensation tables and it will run OK you have to be careful copying the Injector data out of later ecus there were things happening in the background that added extra delay in the maf ecus that makes the Injector data wrong for the early ecus
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

My data you copied is to suit Ford F series truck injectors. They are going to be different to L67 injectors.