cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Help needed with TunerPro RT

Post by Charlescrown »

I have been using TunerPro RT with windows 7 for a long time but it suddenly stopped loading and the startup remaing on my screen till I try to turn off my PC which also is now a drama so I removed it and reloaded it and it still won't open. I downloaded it to a laptop with windows 10 and it works fine. I even tried rolling back my PC . Any help appreciated.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: Help needed with TunerPro RT

Post by antus »

I dont know, but maybe try an older version of tunerpro? Windows 7 might be too old now, or there might be other problems with the system. Running older version is probably trading one set of problems for another (bugs, and wont open newer format XDFs created by newer version) so not recommended but it might get you going at least.

Current version is 5.00.9209, here are some older direct links:

https://www.tunerpro.net/download/Setup ... 0_9107.exe (2017)
https://www.tunerpro.net/download/Setup ... 0_9088.exe (2017)
https://www.tunerpro.net/download/Setup ... 0_8944.exe (2017)
https://www.tunerpro.net/download/Setup ... 0_8853.exe (2016)
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Charlescrown
Starion TBI with Delco
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

I tried that but still no good. I think it's a windows problem because it takes 5 minutes to turn on my machine and it won't turn off without pressing the switch. I have spent the last 2 days trying to fix it but lucky I have other laptops that can do the job. Bugger there's so much stuff on the HDD
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

Done a virus and malware scan? Clear the cache? Have you installed any new software lately or just before it started playing up?
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Might be a windows issue.

I have had my win 7 install untouched for several years now and some programs only start if you double click the 2nd time and I got one program that always needs reinstalling regularly as it does nothing when trying to start it, reinstalling it fixes the no start issue for a few weeks and then it does it again.

Going to be building a new PC in the new year and finally upgrade to 10.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Check your startup entries ... Shortcuts and Registry entries.
Sloppy way, but simplest way is with MSCONFIG.
Open an Administrator Command Prompt and type MSCONFIG and hit enter, in System Configuration, on the General tab page, select Diagnostic Startup. (or Selective Startup and choose items)
Reboot the computer.

PLEASE don't leave it in Selective Startup ... If this helps, PLEASE take the time to find exactly what program is causing the issue and remove it.

Also clean your Temp directory by entering the following two commands typed at a Administrator Command Prompt,

Code: Select all

del /f /q %temp%\*
for /d %x in (%temp%\*) do echo   Deleting %x & rmdir /s /q "%x"
Or instead if you want to create a batch file, save the following to a Cleantemp.cmd file

@echo off
del /f /q %temp%\*
for /d %%x in (%temp%\*) do echo   Deleting %%x & rmdir /s /q "%%x"
Then run Cleantemp.cmd from an Administrator Command Prompt ...

Lastly run CHKDSK from an Administrator Command Prompt,

chkdsk /f c:
It will ask you if you want to run it on next boot, say yes!
Reboot the computer.
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
Charlescrown
Starion TBI with Delco
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

Thanks for the suggestions but still no good. I have a SSD I bought some time ago and put an image on it but can't get my BIOS to see it. I'll keep working on it till it boots and see what happens then.
Charlescrown
Starion TBI with Delco
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

I finally nailed it after 3 days. It turned out to be my printer software. I took it off and TunerPro RT worked so I reloaded it and both TunerPro and the printer both work. Thanks for all the advice and input and I have my fingers crossed it stays this way. Worked out my BIOS is too old and there's not an update for ID SSDrives so another lesson learnt. Might just be time for an updated PC.
Charlescrown
Starion TBI with Delco
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

Just tried it again and good news. It still works. I did notice that the screen on my printer flickered as it loaded. It said looking for hardware which is where it locked up before so there's a connection there. Worse comes to worse I'll buy a new printer as this ones probably 10 years old maybe more.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

You can turn off "Detect hardware At Startup" in Tunerpro Preferences -> Data Acq./Emulation if its something to do with the state of some virtual printer com port. That will always allow you to be able to get in and set the comport before attempting to talk to a vehicle.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396