11p transmission 4l60e holding gears

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
VX L67 Getrag

Re: 11p transmission 4l60e holding gears

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

What file were you using again as remember there was a earlier NON PWM TCC & the later that was for PWM TCC & was a simple code change like I'd attached earlier... that could be the TCC fault & may be causing TPS if on the same line???
vp304

Post by vp304 »

vx l67 getrag il pm you the tune now
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

looks like your using the PWM type, try the file I posted earlier(just cruise & test to see if it faults, don't make any changes to it yet).
Attachments
OSE_$11P V103 CAKH V6 __ L67 with non PWM TCC.BIN
(64 KiB) Downloaded 165 times
vp304

Post by vp304 »

Can you put the trans changes into my tune as I think your tune didn't run that good in my car. Just the car is my daily driver to get to work and back so don't wanna break down in it lol
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

just see how it goes first without any changes, going to be easier to troubleshoot problems if it's left as standard as possible.
vp304

Post by vp304 »

OK thanks will try tomorow on my day of
vp304

Post by vp304 »

So for anyone else that ever has this problem looks like i may have fixed it.
Have raised all the kph cells in the malf 19 expected tps vs rpm tables by 4kph and looks like so far so good. :)
vp304

Post by vp304 »

Bump up again hehe.
So car has been running great. Around 1 month ago fitted 3.9 diff gears to it.
Got in car yesterday and engine light come on like 400m down the road
turned of car and back on again light was still on. Turned car of for 10sec or so and restarted light went away hasnt come back since.
Connected up aldl to pc and only fault code logged was a code 69 TCC on. Torque converter control

Anyone seen this before is vr s2 95 model trans as i know is a few differences.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

From my understanding is that it's complaining that it's detected the TCC on when it shouldn't be.

From another site I found this. Sounds like the electrics are detected as fine (no 67 code set) but the TCC is still on, so perhaps it's mechanically stuck on?

"
DTC 69:
TORQUE CONVERTER CLUTCH "ON-OFF" CIRCUIT FAULT

The Torque Converter Clutch (TCC) "ON-OFF" solenoid is a normally open exhaust valve. The PCM activates the solenoid by earthing circuit 422 with an internal quad-driver. When the solenoid is energised it blocks the fluid from exhausting the TCC circuit and the TCC is applied.
The PCM continually monitors voltage on the TCC circuit connected to the "quad driver" for either low or high voltage depending on the commanded state of the torque converter clutch. Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) 67 will set if there is a fault detected on the TCC solenoid circuit. For example, if the TCC were "OFF," but voltage on the TCC circuit drops as if the solenoid were applied, then DTC 67 will be set. If the TCC were "ON" but voltage on the TCC circuit remains high (about 12 volts), as if TCC solenoid were not applied, then DTC 67 will be set.

Test Description: Number(s) below refer to step number(s) on the diagnostic chart.

2. Diagnostic Trouble Code 67 will set if:
TCC signal circuit 422 is open or shorted to earth for 2 seconds.
This test checks to identify if the TCC circuit is currently open or shorted to earth.
3. This test checks for a short to voltage on circuit 422.
4. This test checks for resistance in the TCC solenoid and internal transmission harness.
5. This test checks for power to the Torque Converter Clutch (TCC) solenoid.
6. This test verifies that circuit 422 is not shorted to earth.
7. This test verifies that circuit 422 is not open.

Diagnostic Aids:
Be sure to check all connections especially those at the transmission pass-thru connector.
TCC solenoid resistance should be 20-40 ohms minimum when measured at 20 degrees C. Maximum solenoid current flow should not exceed 1.5 amps.
DTC 67 will only find an electrical fault with the torque converter clutch. DTC 69 will diagnosis mechanical faults with the torque converter clutch. Some slight TCC slip is normal. When diagnostic trouble Code 67 is set, the transmission will have no TCC and no 4th gear, if in the hot mode.

"
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
JohnDee68
cars: L36 Vx Series 2 8/2002 Acclaim Wagon 3.8L ECOTEC II.

Post by JohnDee68 »

Not sure if it may be of use. But when I did a repair to my 4L60E a few years back. On completion it was hard shifting. In the end after checking the mechanics of the trans, the electrical loom, it turned out to be a small piece of aluminum foil from the under body of the car that had found its way in to the round trans electrical connector and was enough to short two pins when plug was in place.