11p transmission 4l60e holding gears

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
'quipt4it

Re: 11p transmission 4l60e holding gears

Post by 'quipt4it »

vlad01 wrote:The VE scaling is relative to the set injector rate. You can adjust the injector rate and resize the VE according to your liking.
It looks like we are still chasing that richness mentioned above.
Maybe scaling down the Inj. Displ/flow (lower) will help?
vp304

Post by vp304 »

Will pm it through to u now mate
Trying to avoid scaling Inj. Displ/flow as i know il have to play with the ve map then.
Hey vlad01 thanks for your help also car is running good
vp304

Post by vp304 »

Anyone ?
or everyone still drunk from new years hehehe :)
BARBS
cars: LJ Torana
Injected, Turbo, NO2, 186

Post by BARBS »

vp304 wrote:This is from 2 days ago so ve map is slightly changed by maybe 1 or 2 %
Car drives good afrs are pretty dam good all round.
only time i see it mega rich is like i said when i stab throttle when car is cold. in neutral
Also i have knoticed when warm and slowing down coming of throttle it goes rich around to 12.5 afr
Not sure if both these problems due to a part of the ve map that the car goes into when slowing down coasting or
free reving in neutral with no load on motor ?
I see there is a deceleration enleanment ? part also in the tune. Is this like a enrichment on slow down ?
There are a few aspects you must consider here.

Idle and off idle will have different VE tables as well as different commanded fuel tables, Unless you have set the idle fuel parameters to be ignored it will then run only on the main VE and commanded fuel tables at all times including idle.
I have done this myself as I have setup a VR ecu on my Holden 202 and was a lot easier to tune doing this.
What your likely experiencing is the idle VE and commanded fuel tables are working fine as seen at 12.5 AFR etc and when you come off throttle the ecu references the main VE etc and is not set correctly. Id disable the idle VE and commanded fuel, do all your idle and cold start on the main VE only then enable the idle tables again. (I have left mine disabled all together)

Secondly for cold start there are parameters under A/F Ratio - Cold Engine A/F Ratio vs Coolant Temp and MAP
With the idle fuel disabled I ran the engine up from cold to full temp at idle and made adjustments to these parameters while emulating. This got me around the ballpark.

I hope this makes sense and is helpful.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Are you talking about closed throttle VE? that's disabled by default.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
BARBS

Post by BARBS »

Ah OK. With my $11p it was not disabled, i used a factory tune and set it up to run my engine from scratch nearly as its a different combo.
It may be worth looking to see that it has been disabled. I cannot look at the tune etc as im on a work PC.
vp304

Post by vp304 »

Just had a look
Looks like Closed loop fuel disabled for idle and cruise by here if i am correct ?
Sorry for stupid question im guessing the vr v6 oxygen sensor is just a narroband ?
Attachments
closed loop fuel.jpg
closed loop fuel.jpg (108.8 KiB) Viewed 2673 times
Last edited by vp304 on Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vp304

Post by vp304 »

This the table your talking about barbs ?
I see my figures do look a little rich there exp on boost when cold those 10 and 11 afr :shock:
and the 8 deg and 20 deg c coolant temp on the 20 to 100 map could do some work also.

If the car is running in open loop how do these maps here work?
do they work ?
if the sensor is naroband it cant ritchen up to 12.0 as thats out of a narro band sensor range ?

One other aftermarket ecu i played with had numbers and a map table to coolant temps you just added numbers which made it richer till the point were it ran good from cold and dint foul plugs etc and tapered of by around 50 60 deg coolant temp
Attachments
cold start air fuel .jpg
BARBS

Post by BARBS »

vp304 wrote:Just had a look
Looks like Closed loop fuel disabled for idle and cruise by here if i am correct ?
Sorry for stupid question im guessing the vr v6 oxygen sensor is just a narroband ?

Ill have to have a look when i can get on my laptop, But im sure there is somewhere you can select closed throttle VE.
It isnt in the closed loop section of the tune.Possibly in the idle fuel menu?
BARBS

Post by BARBS »

vp304 wrote:This the table your talking about barbs ?
I see my figures do look a little rich there exp on boost when cold those 10 and 11 afr :shock:
and the 8 deg and 20 deg c coolant temp on the 20 to 100 map could do some work also.

If the car is running in open loop how do these maps here work?
do they work ?
if the sensor is naroband it cant ritchen up to 12.0 as thats out of a narro band sensor range ?

One other aftermarket ecu i played with had numbers and a map table to coolant temps you just added numbers which made it richer till the point were it ran good from cold and dint foul plugs etc and tapered of by around 50 60 deg coolant temp

Thats the one mate.
That table is used to counter the effect of engine temp on the measured AFR.
I have basically set it and forget it from 55-60 deg onwards. Below that where cold engine will make a big change in the way the car runs i have made adjustments. If you lower the value there atm it will ritchen the tune, if you are finding the car runs well when warm and rich when cold id increase the values in these tables and you should see the tune improve.