Can someone check my VN V6 supercharged tune

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
Kingsley
cars: 79 TD Gemini

Re: Can someone check my VN V6 supercharged tune

Post by Kingsley »

Would the false knock detected be activating the ignition retard?
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

I would think so. I'm just looking at a log6 @ 32 seconds it says knock count 213, spark advance 20.7 and knock retard @ 3.9 degrees and idle speed 502rpm. If I'm correct your running 25 degrees advance @ 500rpm. Check your bin file and see just how much timing your got @ 500rpm map 40.
Kingsley

Post by Kingsley »

I haven't even looked at the ignition settings. This was one of holden202t tune for an identical set up. I haven't touched the ignition so hopefully that's all ok once I turn off the mock sensor.
All Ive done to the tune is increase the injector pulse rate slightly to richen it up to follow the set point and lean the idol slightly to alsomatch the set point. I still need to get the IAC sorted out, I think the motor has failed. That should solve cold start and idol issues.
Kingsley

Post by Kingsley »

How do i bring up the "target AFR" in the History tables?
I following Holden202T "Basic Tune" and can bring up the "wideband" but theres no "target AFR" to select.
Still trying to make sense of all this.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I assume you mean the monitor graphs? right click on the graph and tick the target AFR from the list.

For tuning you should be using the calcVE in the histogram and select the "average" as the default is the latest value or something which is a poor representation of the data you want averages.

Then you need to copy each of the cells over to the corresponding VE table cells . Note that there are extra rows in the calcVE histogram so you can't copy the whole table over in one go, but you can do rows and columns in chucks to make it a bit quicker.

Do that over and over until the VE table no longer changes much from the calcVE and you have the VE sorted, then you can start playing with AFR tables if need be.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Kingsley

Post by Kingsley »

I have the target AFR in the monitor grafts but im trying to view it in the history table, according to the "Basic tune" wrote up
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I fixed the fan stuck on issue as someone set the fan on at the same temp as the thermostat.

Knock retard has been disabled as there is tons of false knock.

Anyone able to look at the 2 bar ADX? seems broken. The calcVE only goes to 100Kpa and in the monitor the map only goes up to 80Kpa where it's well into boost on the dash section. So I was only able to update the 20-100Kpa areas of the VE table.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.