IAC response 12p

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
'quipt4it

Re: IAC response 12p

Post by 'quipt4it »

gtrboyy wrote:Cool this thread is up been wondering if mine had dud IAC or TPS...totally forgot can check it that way.

Mine doesn't idle up on cold start just sits at same rpm neutral or in gear whether it's cold or warmed up.
Doesn't kick down at WOT 60-70km/h so guessing may as well change TPS unless something in the tune.
The TPS could affect the kickdown. The idle issue would be IAC related.
If the trans has a cable, then definitely adjust the TV 1st.
gtrboyy
cars: vp 'moo mang' ute
torana
bombadores

Post by gtrboyy »

It's vs 97 304/4l60e driveline put into vp ute so no kickdown cable...does have shiftkit/boost valve etc + ACE memcal.

Might get paperclip check TPS is in spec range although no faults come up....yet to check IAC keeps raining when get little bit of time off to muck around with it.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I'm doing the tune for this. The idle errors always come up despite the idle looking ok at this stage, IAC is working but I am starting to suspect it's the inertial load of the SC since it is quite overdriven and making the closed loop idle spark control a bit lazy in reaction time and that might be what it's complaining about.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Never mind, the problem is gone now. I think it might of been the wonky base tune, now that it's mostly tuned up and the correct injector data entered its behaving very well.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
kojab
cars: VT V6 supercharged in a corolla

Post by kojab »

I have tuned a few of these Toyota C14 V6 combinations.

Forgive me as I may be way off here. I have not seen any pictures off this setup.

First question, when this car is running is it very noisy with the C14 blower?

How is the C14 plumbed? Is the C14 blowing directly into the standard V6 throttle body or has the throttle body been moved to the entry of the C14 blower?
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

From the pics I have seen. SC > Intercooler > TB > Engine. And a bunch of bypass valves. It's all correct.

There is no idle errors anymore. I think it might of been the very lean idle and unstable fueling due to having the incorrect injector tables and no VE table tuning. They were still stock values but its running L67 injectors which at low pulse width are much slower than the old VN style injectors. So the fueling was all over the shop.

It's pretty good now and a lot of other things fixed along the way.