BMW E90 Clone ECU

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
andripopi
cars: BMW

BMW E90 Clone ECU

Post by andripopi »

Hi,

I have two identical BMW E90s and I want to clone one of the ECU's to the other car's ECU, however after I've done that, the new BMW won't turn the ignition on.
I think that would be because of the immobilizer. Could you suggest any solutions, or even if someone here is able to do it I will be happy to pay for it. I will upload the .bin file and I am happy to provide any other files/details you might need. I tried attaching an .og file but the extension is not allowed on this forum. I can e-mail it instead.

I've tried many ways to open the files, but unsuccesfuly. I'd be happy if someone could change the immobilizer VIN and re-write the ECU!

Thanks!
Attachments
381341_BMW_320D_DPF_off.bin
(2 MiB) Downloaded 133 times
VX L67 Getrag

Re: BMW E90 Clone ECU

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

You'd need to supply the original file for the car & then donor original read to compare but I'd be 99% sure you'd need a full read of files with PCM opened up & not just the main file read.
julespatch
cars: liberty gen 5

Post by julespatch »

if its a CAS based security system you need to read the ISN out of the donor ECU and write that to the CAS.
or BDM clone the entire old ECU to the donor, but that doesn't always work either. top method does.
andripopi
cars: BMW

Post by andripopi »

Is it only obdx pro to connect with pcm because i cannot order it they dont offer shipping to bulgaria
Is this working with pcm https://www.amazon.com/ScanTool-OBDLink ... B00H9S71LW?