Vr commodore factory narrowband sensor and AE

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
vp304

Vr commodore factory narrowband sensor and AE

Post by vp304 »

Another thread started by me.
sorry admin
Have ve table pretty good from 20-100 kpa on my l67 swapped vr commodore on 11p.
Have been using wideband sniffing from rear tailpipe.

Now im struggling a little with the cold AE up to around 50 60 degc coolant temp AE temp factor vs coolant temp.
I have tried a few times from cold start on very light blip of the throttle say taking of from lights or dead stop i have a stumble sometimes car stalls.
Snapping throttle to say 50% when cold or warm is good no stumbles or nothing just revs

My wideband down the back is struggling to pick it up as its so far back.

Im guessing here in the ( AE temp factor vs coolant temp ) higher numbers mean more fuel injected richer on touch / crack of the throttle ?

On the only other car i tuned not delco ecu. I used the factory narrowband to fine tune the Ae and transient throttle as its close up front and picked up the light throttle inputs quickly.
Is their a way to make the delco in 11p display the naroband in a afr value ?
All i get now on the dash is o2 voltage in Millivolts

Also i know you have to be richer when cold up to around 60deg coolant temp.
But i am sniffing around 12.3af ratio at tail pipe when cold around 20deg c coolant temp
and hovering around 13.0 to 13.3 afr up to around 60 deg coolant temp.
The 2nd box af ratio cold engine vs coolant temp and mat
Is that the correct box part for the warm up air fuel ratio?
As its saying to do around high 13's to low 14s afr when cold but i am no were near that ?
Attachments
cold ae .jpg
kojab
cars: VT V6 supercharged in a corolla

Re: Vr commodore factory narrowband sensor and AE

Post by kojab »

vp304 wrote: My wideband down the back is struggling to pick it up as its so far back.
If you are using your Wideband sensor at the end of your exhaust tailpipe. you are wasting your time.

Fit a bung in your exhaust before the cat.
vp304

Re: Vr commodore factory narrowband sensor and AE

Post by vp304 »

Hey kojab yeh i might have to do that.
have played with it a bit more when cold today and gave it test go after work and looks a lot better like a 9.5 outa 10 on the AE.