Full throttle AFR leans out after a few pulls, HELP!!!

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
Holden202T

Re: Full throttle AFR leans out after a few pulls, HELP!!!

Post by Holden202T »

antus wrote:Nothing jumps out at me from those screen shots. The lean view is showing 1ms less injector time, but being just two screen shots it doesnt tell the whole story. You'd be better to save the log and post the XDL file. I can see from the screenshot that your running 12p and its 2 bar petrol XDF but in general its good to post that information with the logs.
I'd be using the monitor view and overlaying target afr and wideband afr in the same monitor and making sure the scale of the two items in the same so you can see how far one is from the other. Then if everything is working well you can use it to adjust your VE table, or if the hardware is not working well you'd see wideband afr tracks the target AFR in one pull, the whole way down the pull, and not in the next. I think it might be a hardware/heat problem though like the others are saying.
i agree the log is inconclusive, there is too much difference in rpm between the two, so it could well be in a different VE table cell. definitely need to see a full log with it.
wendy-lad
cars: vr 304 turbo

Post by wendy-lad »

Hey guys,

I've managed to get some sort of log of it happening, though it's not very long or easy to get a lot of info as it just detonates as soon it goes lean and I back off.

I've attached the tune further down this reply. It's not finished because we've been running into this lean issue for nearly 6 months now, so every time we start getting somewhere, this issue shuts everything down and I'm back to the drawing board.

We did 2 back to back pulls that showed nice and rich at 11.2ish AFR and no deto, so we leaned off the tune to exactly what is in the bin below.
mint.BIN
(32 KiB) Downloaded 131 times

Below is the first run after leaning the AFR from 11.2, aiming for about 11.8ish. Just listening for any deto at that AFR. All was good.
pre deto.xdl
(92.81 KiB) Downloaded 123 times
Below is a run a few minutes after that, just to confirm that replacing the fuel pump for the 3rd time has finally fixed the going lean issue. Didn't touch anything in the tune between these 2 runs. And it goes lean so I pulled off the throttle once I saw 12.6 AFR on the wideband gauge on the dash.
deto.xdl
(318.07 KiB) Downloaded 135 times
Thanks
'quipt4it

Post by 'quipt4it »

Same type of pump?
Good to see results.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

You need to set your kingflow setting for the injectors and cylinder size properly for a start should be in the 90% range at 100kpa in the ve table. Then revert the charge temp inverse correction back to stock values and fill in the charge temp boost% coolant contribution table it's set at 0 put all the cold engine air fuel ratio vs coolant table values back to stock looks like you don't know what you are doing and using all sorts of tables to bandaid your way around problems caused by bad setup of a few key settings. You also have code 46 no ref pulses while cranking Hall effect sensor or ignition module or coil could be getting tired and not triggering well especially at low cranking speed.
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

heres an ose $12p v111 tune for a 304 turbo you can pull the charge temp table values from its a quick slightly fudged tune i did with unknown old style injectors out of some yanky thing that he scrounged up for cheap.you cant flash this tune into an ose$12p v112 equipped nvram it will do bad things but you can copy stuff out of it in a 2nd instance of tunerpro with the v111 xdf and the bin loaded to copy over into your current tune .this cars been smashing sets of tyres for years on this tune
nathen 256k chip after dyno cleaned up.bin
(32 KiB) Downloaded 138 times
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »