Fooling an ecu through MAP voltage control

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
Orangetorana
cars: Loads!

Fooling an ecu through MAP voltage control

Post by Orangetorana »

This one is a little bit strange.

Assuming that you have no access to read or write to an ecu and it is not possible to gain it (Delco 808 for those playing at home, but long story)

Dyno time has shown that the ecu is running exceptionally rich right through the range, all the way to the limiter. (11.5-12.3)

So seeking some creative ways of spoofing data to create a lean out.

I've run with the narrowband connected and disconnected with no discernable outcomes from a fueling perspective.

I'm planning to spend some time looking at the impacts of temperature voltages (think I've found some sensor scaling data)

But the other option I was contemplating was fooling the MAP inputs through a resistor or even some kind of auxillary board that can do some voltage scaling based on input parameters. (Arduino?)

I know the simple answer is just sort an ecu that you can tune, however it's unfortunately not that simple.

Keen to hear any ideas?
delcowizzid

Re: Fooling an ecu through MAP voltage control

Post by delcowizzid »

The delco 808 is fully tunable for free besides some hardware no reason to fool inputs to try tune it.if you alter the map residing you also alter timing which is also done via the map reading plus if you do change the map reading when you key back on next startup the baro reading will reset and fueling will end up back where you were.
I'm guessing you are trying to cheat a racing class with sealed ecus You could lower fuel pressure some have tied messing with a trim pot on the inlet air temp sensor
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem