Flashing VY PCM Issues

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
Taylorkane
cars: Turbo Vy v6 commodore

Flashing VY PCM Issues

Post by Taylorkane »

Hey everyone I apologize in advance if this has been answered already, but I have been scanning this site for at least 4 days now with no luck so here goes.

Tried to flash a new bin onto my pcm which went fine with no issues, however during this process I believe I clicked write cal not write bin when using OSE Flashtool and I forgot to get the original bin before hand.

Also I thought I might mention that I somehow tried to flash a S/C bin onto the N/A PCM and when it finished and said success another window popped up saying that something was different and that did I want to switch to this new file or something I think. I've posted some screenshots hopefully this can help.

Also I've tried switching ECUs and still can't connect through aldl cable

Basically my car won't turn on, my laptop won't connect to my ecu at all now. I need help please, anything would be muchly appreciated.
Attachments
Screenshot_20210711_152635.jpg
Screenshot_20210711_152624.jpg
Screenshot_20210711_152610.jpg
Screenshot_20210711_152540.jpg
Screenshot_20210711_152525.jpg
Screenshot_20210711_152505.jpg
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: Flashing VY PCM Issues

Post by antus »

Flashing in an incompatible operating system (eg VY S/C which is designed for the VT style PCMs, into a VY NA Flash PCM) will brick the PCM. It is likely that this is what you have done. Of course you should have also saved the original bin file, as that will contain your vehicles security code and vin which ideally you would have been able to flash in to a replacement PCM. Since you havnt done that though once you have a replacement pcm, you'll either need to re-security link the bcm with the pcm with a tech2, or turn off VATs in the tune. There is a good video describing the flash process here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsIQPc_oe1Y
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Taylorkane

Post by Taylorkane »

Thankyou so much for your help!!! I did think I had bricked it but I wasn't exactly sure. I'll definitely be turning the vats off in the tune in the future.

Is re-security linking the key with a tech2 difficult?
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

I just edited my post - I meant link the bcm and the new pcm. No if you have the right gear its easy to do, or if your tuning off vats its not needed.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Taylorkane

Post by Taylorkane »

Absolute legend! Thankyou so much for the info mate.