MAF settings help please

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
Taylorkane
cars: Turbo Vy v6 commodore

MAF settings help please

Post by Taylorkane »

Hey everyone I've recently fitted a turbo to my VY Ecotec and Ive been told that you can use the VY S/C tune. Im running the S/C injectors aswell and I'm only running 5psi of boost currently. My question is that do I need to copy to my VY tune from the S/C tune? I've already copied the injector settings needed but I'm a bit confused about the MAF settings mainly.

Do I just copy these MAF settings along with the scalars aswell from the S/C tune?
Attachments
TunerPro RT - VY_V6_SC_$07_Enhanced_v1.2.bin _ COMPARE BIN - VY_V6_$060A_Enhanced_v0.9a.bin _ XDF File - VY_V6_SC_$07_Enhanced_v1.2h.xdf _ ADX File - VY_V6_SC_ 7_21_2021 5_46_33 PM.png
TunerPro RT - VY_V6_SC_$07_Enhanced_v1.2.bin _ COMPARE BIN - VY_V6_$060A_Enhanced_v0.9a.bin _ XDF File - VY_V6_SC_$07_Enhanced_v1.2h.xdf _ ADX File - VY_V6_SC_ 7_21_2021 5_42_28 PM.png
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Re: MAF settings help please

Post by immortality »

The ecotec and L67 use the same MAF so there are should be no changes to the MAF tables. The1's enhanced tunes have different MAF tables because he re-scaled everything to allow for double the airflow capacity and the use of larger MAF's.
Taylorkane

Post by Taylorkane »

Okay then, I wasn't sure because I'm now running boost into a N/A engine and I thought the L67 S/C MAF sensor setting might of been a bit higher due to the L67 using the supercharger.
hsv08
cars: (EX) VT SENATOR 355 STROKER
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

Taylorkane wrote:Okay then, I wasn't sure because I'm now running boost into a N/A engine and I thought the L67 S/C MAF sensor setting might of been a bit higher due to the L67 using the supercharger.
Nah all the same. We use flash pcms all the time with just SC cars. MAFs are the same, and the gram vs hz is the same.

Just copy over the injector data, the power enrichment tables, timing tables and you should have a base. There's a few more that need copying over but I would just do a SC vs NA compare and change over the fuelling stuff.

It will get you started.
Taylorkane

Post by Taylorkane »

hsv08 wrote:
Taylorkane wrote:Okay then, I wasn't sure because I'm now running boost into a N/A engine and I thought the L67 S/C MAF sensor setting might of been a bit higher due to the L67 using the supercharger.
Nah all the same. We use flash pcms all the time with just SC cars. MAFs are the same, and the gram vs hz is the same.

Just copy over the injector data, the power enrichment tables, timing tables and you should have a base. There's a few more that need copying over but I would just do a SC vs NA compare and change over the fuelling stuff.

It will get you started.
Absolute legend! I'll get started on the sc compare.