General Tuning Questions And Discussions
monaro308
cars: VT S1 LS1 C/dore track car
HJ GTS Monaro Coupe
CV8 V2 S3
VE SSV

Re: Commodore V6's in Sprint Cars

Post by monaro308 »

A friend of a friend of a friend ;) ;) ;) told me that when they were running the Formula holden series,"some" were running dummy ECU's and memcals spliced into the original loom.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

very suprised that the standard tune works with methanol .... be interested to see a dyno graph of it i just don't see how that much change in fuel can work :)

i guess the exhausts would be about as free flowing as you could get :) .... do they sound different to your average v6 with exhaust ?

the engine looks nice, i like the inlet hahaha :) and thats a tidy looking sump, makes my ecotec sump look downright dodgy lol...

nice work getting the pics man you've done well!
barnsie46
cars: vn ss manual 300kw, vq stato 5l
Vs s3 ss manual , vx ss manual and a few more

Post by barnsie46 »

ive got a mate with a vr sprint car running a ecotec v6 and as far as i know the computers are sealed by cams here in sa but from what a friend told me they run a 808 with a modified apnx tune for e85
Attachments
P2280001.JPG
P2280001.JPG (1.7 MiB) Viewed 4299 times
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

there you go holden202 closest i have to a full image of one LOL ill ask the guy for more pictures or tell him too join .hes having a few issues so he should join anyway :mrgreen:
bum 062.JPG
bum 062.JPG (471.49 KiB) Viewed 4262 times
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

i'd be interested to know if anyone out there with one of these can tell me ... what do you normally do to start them on methanol ... or do you start them on petrol then switch to methanol once its warmed up ?

i know my mate with the AMCA normally just pours some petrol in the carby then it usually starts and runs fine but this is not quite doable in a efi v6 .....

im trying to work out the best way to start my efi 202 ..... i'm thinking of getting a fuel bottle with a hose on it and run it into one of the vaccum ports on the side of the TB and see how that goes to get it going!
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

I know someone with a 350 drag car on methanol, what they did was hook a little petrol pump and nozzle running into the manifold up to the starter button so while it cranks, it sprays petrol into the intake, the seocnd its started, it runs fine on methanol :D
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

thats might be a reasonable option ... i have a vacuum port blocked off so i can use that and just run it from a wiper squirter maybe ... i'll see how it goes, so far i have been able to start it pretty reasonably on straight methanol .... just requires a bit more throttle to get it happening ... once its running then i can let the throttle off and the efi takes it from there.