Basic nvram tuning need help

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
Commylife
cars: 2 vs utes & a vy l67
No autos

Basic nvram tuning need help

Post by Commylife »

Hey gentlemen can someone please share some insight to us begginers? Starting up tunerpro with nv ram and pulling the data off of It. Do I select xdf and import data from ecu ? I plug my aldl in connect to vehicle with approiate enchanced bin file.. then what ? How do I view current tune or setup on nvram ? How do I upload it or save the modified file onto the nvram ? I've looked at alot of posts and FAQs but this Step is generally missed.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: Basic nvram tuning need help

Post by Dylan »

There's w awesome guide's made by user Holden202T.
Have a read through them and maybe come back with more specific questions. I his guides have helped me a lot.
Commylife
cars: 2 vs utes & a vy l67
No autos

Post by Commylife »

So after A LOT of reading I've deffinelty missed some steps, I think I can handle it now.. another question is though is the oseplugin specifically for nvram or can I use my envyous customs aldl to do the same? I'm failing to see any hardware detected is this because I haven't got the R/W jumper on the the board
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Whatever you do, dont install the RW jumper until you have it communicating. It'll save you needing a programmer if you get it set up wrong, as it write protects the nvram for safety. You can use oseplugin with the envyous customs cable, though that cable wont work in some marginal signal quality cases where the pcmhacking one will. If the hardware is all working well, then either you have mismatched software / definitions between the car and tunerpro, or a corrupted nvram that wont boot and run the computer so its not talking on the ALDL on the car.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396