General Tuning Questions And Discussions
Six_Shooter
cars: 2005 Dodge Dakota - For Sale
2000 GMC Yukon - The Daily driver
1985 GMC Jimmy S-15 - Under reconstruction
1973 Datsun 240Z - Toy, uses GM EFI.

Re: Sensor Placement

Post by Six_Shooter »

I realize this is an old thread, but thought I'd chime in on it.

On my Datsun, I have the MAT (AIT as it is being refered to here), just after my TB, and have not noticed any ill effects from doing so.

In my logs I can see the air temp change quickly, as the amount of air changes going past the sensor, currently it's coolest when at low throttle angles, boost heats the air up quite a bit.

There are pros and cons to every location. Moving the sensor may work for you, or against you, only one way to find out. ;)
2005 Dodge Dakota - The daily
1985 GMC Jimmy - A work in progress
1973 Datsun 240Z - The Toy, turbocharged and injected using GM EFI, and code59

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.
delcowizzid

Re: Sensor Placement

Post by delcowizzid »

yeah lots of people do move them the fuel calcs are setup to use coolant and inlet air temp to work out charge air temp and is set in the tune it can be adjusted too suit but it would be one of the hardest tables to tune without having some way to control inlet air temps .also the ecu is setup with a laod resistor to make the IAT sensor read accurate in the 50-90 degree C area when its in the hot location where it really requires a different value resistor to be accurate in the 0-30 C range in the cold location i think it would also need a bit of work in the code to suit the new resistor value as well
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem