End of Injection - L67/ecotec

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Re: End of Injection - L67/ecotec

Post by immortality »

I've been playing with the EOI timing setting around idle and it's definitely effecting the tune but now I feel I need to adjust fueling and timing potentially to get the most from it.
immortality

Post by immortality »

Mixed results. I took 40° off the cold table to 2000rpm. First morning the car was really flat and it almost stalled. 2nd morning I leaned out the cold start and it improved somewhat but I could swear it rattled as the engine returned to idle after a short drive. Going to lean out the cold start a bit more and remove some timing.

Also took 40° out of the normal table to 2000rpm. Went on a cruise to Hamilton. On the drive down there were definite improvements, on the return trip it wasn't as good but the ambient temp was quiet a bit lower so the ignition timing would have been a bit different. I'm going to pull out 1 degree of timing via the Ignition Vs Air Intake Temp table for the cooler air temps and test.
The1

Post by The1 »

My reply in an old thread.
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6396&p=94381&hilit=EOI#p94381
The pcm's injector counter is synchronized on the first CAM pulse then Injector 5 is synced with 3x pulses, EOI then uses 3x Pulses.

So if you used X as calc that would give you the 3x pulses amount, So the scalar "Injector - Fuel Boundry Located Cal Deg After 3x REF" will be the pulses before the intake valve opens as a buffer, then add on the EOI Table amount to get the total 3x pulses when injection will finish before intake valve opens. More pulses more delay. I think that's right lol

As you have found there is a limit to how much fuel you can squeeze in each cylinders time window, theres certainly a torque gain to be had if you have the injectors for it because when the engine is hot the valves will help atomize the fuel.

The calc used in enhanced converts it to Crank degrees.
Ken

Post by Ken »

immortality wrote:Mixed results. I took 40° off the cold table to 2000rpm. First morning the car was really flat and it almost stalled. 2nd morning I leaned out the cold start and it improved somewhat but I could swear it rattled as the engine returned to idle after a short drive. Going to lean out the cold start a bit more and remove some timing.

Also took 40° out of the normal table to 2000rpm. Went on a cruise to Hamilton. On the drive down there were definite improvements, on the return trip it wasn't as good but the ambient temp was quiet a bit lower so the ignition timing would have been a bit different. I'm going to pull out 1 degree of timing via the Ignition Vs Air Intake Temp table for the cooler air temps and test.
I pretty much exhausted all + / - options of the settings on my 228k stocker.
Any setting earlier resulted in sluggish bottom end, worse economy, and a cold piston rattle that sounded worse when cold.
Settings later than factory gave me the bottom end, better economy and quieter cold piston rattle which could only then be heard in gear till fully warmed up.
The research I did externally led me to a conversation stating later EOIT reduced exhaust scavenging of unburnt fuel.
I went that late on my settings where there induction noise resembled a carburettored engine moreso than injected, gave me big bottom end gains, but killed top end from running out of injector, needed a bigger injector as The1 stated.

The settings I ended up with was this below.
My_EOIT.png
My_EOIT.png (70.58 KiB) Viewed 2801 times
immortality

Post by immortality »

Do you have those numbers in crank degrees?

What I'm wanting to figure out on the V6 is where the 408° in the table relates to the actual intake valve closing point
The1

Post by The1 »

injector finishes injecting 408 crank Degrees before the valve opens. If it was zero it would finish injecting when the valve starts to opens.

After closing point would be massive, number of cyls and valve cycles to get back to that cylinder at 408 crank degrees before opening.
kojab
cars: VT V6 supercharged in a corolla

Post by kojab »

If the figures in the TunerPro tables above use the same formula as EFILive being in mS. To covert them into degs just multiply by 90.

Ken on this thread came to the same conclusion a while back. Makes no sense to have them in mS.