VeCalc in Tunerpro

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
Vrv8hz

VeCalc in Tunerpro

Post by Vrv8hz »

Can anyone point me to a how to on using vecalc in tunerpro? I would like to log a drive then use vecalc to make bulk changes to my ve table based on target afr and wideband data.

Is there a write up in the faq or tuning guides? I can't find it but I may also be blind.

Thanks
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: VeCalc in Tunerpro

Post by antus »

use the histogram function when playing back a log and record running average. note that vecalc especially cells with few samples can be inaccurate due to measurement time applying the calc to nearby but incorrect cells and enrichment / enleanment. once you've got calculated changes your still best off modifying the ve by hand to average out the results and filter out any cells that look wrong. you can select many cells at once and add or subtract some number over a whole area then smoothe in the edges by hand to apply these changes in a measured way instead of every cell one by one. you can also take a similar approach by overlaying target afr and wide band afr in the monitors, too, then looking for what region varies the most and apply corrections there. bubble tracing will show you what area when you click a point in the log and have the ve table visible.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396