Best way to compare two .bins side by side?

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
DethRattles
cars: 2004 Grand am gt

Re: Best way to compare two .bins side by side?

Post by DethRattles »

So this is the fix for those who have issues with bin files like i did with tiny tuner,,however i dont know how to fix it. Wheres the database located and does windows 11 already have microsoft access? Well i downloaded the database from the tiny tuners website and microsoft access already opens it ...however when i find that osid it wont let me copy it, copy is blanked out?

1. Open the TinyTuner database you’re using in Microsoft Access (Google sheets may also work, I’ve never tried)
2. Open the OSIDData table
3. Find the row with OSID 12589762
4. Copy this row to the end of the table
5. Change the OSID to 12584933 in the copied row
6. Save changes

http://theblattners.com/Projects/TinyTu ... -30-10.rar data base ...anyone else have this problem? Update! i need the full version of office 365 if i want to cut and copy etc. im shit out of luck.
zack4200
cars: 1982 Chevy Chevette 3400 LA1 swapped
1986 Chevy Chevette
1998 Chevy s10

Post by zack4200 »

DethRattles wrote:So where to i go to see some 3400 bins? Anyone know? I want to see what they tuned and ask them a shit ton of questions.
there's ~400 in this post viewtopic.php?f=42&t=3392&p=121109#p119520
edit to add - there's a mix of 3100, 3400, 3800 bins in there, its not all 3400. they all seem pretty well named to let you know what they are though.
DethRattles wrote:So this is the fix for those who have issues with bin files like i did with tiny tuner,,however i dont know how to fix it. Wheres the database located and does windows 11 already have microsoft access? Well i downloaded the database from the tiny tuners website and microsoft access already opens it ...however when i find that osid it wont let me copy it, copy is blanked out?

1. Open the TinyTuner database you’re using in Microsoft Access (Google sheets may also work, I’ve never tried)
6. Save changes

http://theblattners.com/Projects/TinyTu ... -30-10.rar data base ...anyone else have this problem? Update! i need the full version of office 365 if i want to cut and copy etc. im shit out of luck.
I have MS Access so I made the changes you mentioned, database is attached. copy it into the DB folder inside of your Universal Patcher folder. I used the database that's included with Universal Patcher as the base.
Attachments
TinyTuner.zip
(984.71 KiB) Downloaded 70 times
DethRattles

Post by DethRattles »

zack4200 wrote:
DethRattles wrote:So where to i go to see some 3400 bins? Anyone know? I want to see what they tuned and ask them a shit ton of questions.
edit to add - there's a mix of 3100, 3400, 3800 bins in there, its not all 3400. they all seem pretty well named to let you know what they are though.
DethRattles wrote:So this is the fix for those who have issues with bin files like i did with tiny tuner,,however i dont know how to fix it. Wheres the database located and does windows 11 already have microsoft access? Well i downloaded the database from the tiny tuners website and microsoft access already opens it ...however when i find that osid it wont let me copy it, copy is blanked out?

6. Save changes

I have MS Access so I made the changes you mentioned, database is attached. copy it into the DB folder inside of your Universal Patcher folder. I used the database that's included with Universal Patcher as the base.
Thank you so much! I downloaded every mdb file editing software everywhere, ms access just had things blanked out like it was neutered. And think you for the 3400 bins, Do you happen to know or does anyone else where some tuned 3400 bins are? So nice that i can see the table on that SE bin. I asked too many people to help me with that:(
MudDuck514
cars: 2001 Pontiac Grand AM SE
LD9 2.4l I4, 4T40E
2005 Chevrolet Venture
LA1 3400 V6, 4T65E

Post by MudDuck514 »

DethRattles wrote: snip
Update! i need the full version of office 365 if i want to cut and copy etc. im shit out of luck.
Have you tried LibreOffice BASE?
LibreOffice I pretty much compatible with the majority of MS Office apps.

Mike
DethRattles

Post by DethRattles »

MudDuck514 wrote:
DethRattles wrote: snip
Update! i need the full version of office 365 if i want to cut and copy etc. im shit out of luck.
Have you tried LibreOffice BASE?
LibreOffice I pretty much compatible with the majority of MS Office apps.

Mike
i didnt know what i was doing and tried 6 but not that one. I think right now since i'm so new to tuning that i won't need it. Right now i'm trying to just figure out how to get the description bubbles in hptuners to show up when i click on something in the table. I watched a vid that the guy moused over vats and it told him what 0,1,and 2 did ..2 disabling vats. My tunerpro doesnt do that. Is that in option in tunerpro or do i need the rt version? at 4:36 he shows the bubble https://youtu.be/xNuxBIp5wQE

I did finally get to compare bins side by side in tiny tuners which i'm pretty ecstatic about. Big differences in fuel cut off and things like 1st to 2nd HOT WOT shift between the se and gt version(se is on the left at 42). I'm just clicking through, i'm not sure if i can save the bin modified in tiny tuners and it sticks and can be written onto the pcm or i need hptuners for that. hptuners seems harder for me to work with because i cant find the side by side. Tiny tuners colors if theres a difference also.
Attachments
Screenshot (1).png
DethRattles

Post by DethRattles »

zack4200 wrote:

6. Save changes

Eddie updated his tiny tuner database too.

DethRattles

Post by DethRattles »

antus wrote:If your bin thats not flagged as SE is the GT one, and its all right except you need security disabled, Ive done that for you. To do this I loaded the bin in to TC (like you saw), saved it to cal, updated the vats flag from "1=no light" to "2=disabled", then saved it to a cal again. Then I compared the cals and found the checksum change and the vats change. Then I searched for those patters in the original bin and made the same changes by hand. It validated OK with pcmhammer. So with lsdroid you should be able to write this file to the GT PCM and if vats is the only problem left it should start. The reason a 1 byte change ends up in the 3rd octet of the sum is because of its alignment. its a 16 bit sum, stored to 32 bit address and it just happens to be aligned with the high byte.

OSID: 12589762

Code: Select all

Vats: 7D570: 0=On 1=No Light 2=Off (change 1 to 2)
Sum: 710C8: 4 bytes, add 1 @ 710CA (change B4 to B5)
I tried your bin Antus and it didn't work, and when i open tiny tuners it says zero for on. The car does the exact same thing, no crank and security light on. I compared my original bin with the bin you posted and i cannot find a difference. I also cannot change the 0 into a 2 within universal patcher. There's a checkmark , i just cant figure this out. heres my original gt bin
Attachments
grandamgtoriginal.bin
(512 KiB) Downloaded 73 times
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Please dont create multiple threads about the same thing. It really messes up the forums and makes it hard to see if you've been answered already. Plus it wastes peoples time if they choose to help you and then after they look at it for you they find someone else has looked at it in another thread. To that end, Ive deleted one of your unanswered threads, and lets take this conversation to the one where Gampy has made another bin for you to try here: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=8199
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396