Clear error message in mode messages .

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
jessejames09
cars: 1972 valiant coupe 360ci
1993 ln130 hilux with 3.8 v6 holden motor transplant.

Clear error message in mode messages .

Post by jessejames09 »

How do you clear error message codes in 12p ? One is an o2 sensor problem and the other knock sensor ,which I have now fixed in the tune ,still the error message remains under the mode message tab.
BennVenn
cars: R33 GTST, '60 Vw Bug, Express (4G63T), GW X200

Re: Clear error message in mode messages .

Post by BennVenn »

So if you untick Process, then the ecu won't check for the error at all

If you untick CEL enable, it'll still process it and the ECU will know, it just won't illuminate the CEL lamp
cel.JPG
cel.JPG (95.04 KiB) Viewed 2241 times
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

the o2 sensor should clear when it sees good voltages comeing from the circuit. The knock sensor should clear when it sees a healthy system too. What do you mean "fixed"? Did you fix the physical problem, or are you trying to program the computer to know these things are missing?

edit: As above. Generally you do want it to process the error, but you want to unset CEL enable so the light doesnt come on unless you get an error you do care about.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
jessejames09

Post by jessejames09 »

Thank you for giving me clear instructions, and how the system works . So fixed meaning I had a very lean cell in the 20kpa @2800 when de- accelerating ,and and the knock s2nsor wire didn't have a good connection. I haven't run the engine after ajusting/fix the problems, I just thought you can clear the codes like factory ,from disconnect battery earth . I remember you saying the memcal only drives knock board,thinking the factory option might still work,or there is a scan tool to clear them .
jessejames09

Post by jessejames09 »

I loaded another adx ,then went back to the one I was using ,which cleared the error messages.
BennVenn
cars: R33 GTST, '60 Vw Bug, Express (4G63T), GW X200

Post by BennVenn »

With TunerPro you need to have the ecu connected and the engine running to update mode messages. Codes will be cleared with a key off for 5 seconds then key on, they're not persistent unless the fault is persistent.

With TunerPro connected to my 4cyl and ign on, there are various error flags set and cyl count set to 8, its not until the engine is rotating that all the flags get cleared and cylinder count is updated to 4cylinders.
jessejames09

Post by jessejames09 »

Yeah I should have tried a few things that seem pretty obvious now ,instead of going from old factory holden ecu clear procedures . I'm still in the dark ages a bit ,moving from carb jets and timing light and vacuum weights and spring,to ecu tuning. Thank you for your help ,it's much appreciated.